How long does it take?

CactiGuide Members' Seed Trading List
sundanz

How long does it take?

Post by sundanz »

Growing Melos and Mamm Prolifera seeds among others since last August! They are still just little blobs! How long does it take for them to grow up?? Losing my patience since I'm not getting any younger and I like to see them grown up!!

I should have started this hobby eons ago....:-)

Karin
Life's a Cactus in the Great State of Texas!!!
hoteidoc

Re: How long does it take?

Post by hoteidoc »

That was the problem with me liking big columnars -- just planned on NEVER seeing a blossom on one of mine, not living in the Z 6 Northeast, anyway. My M. matanzanus & Daniel's M. azureus seeds took off (from propagator) pretty fast. They're a year old now & desparately crying to get out of their original tub. Daniel's are over 1"+, mine slight under because so packed. Otherwise, if I had had space to separate them, they'd be a lot bigger. Seems some seeds just do Really well, & others struggle, so same seed can vary with source, or whatever... I haven't grown M. prolifera, but several CF members have, & I thought they were fairly routine. :-k My standard mantra: Just keep planting! :D
Last edited by hoteidoc on Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Once bitten by the cactus collecting/growing bug, there is no known cure!
There's no 12 step programme for Cactaholics...so I shall just have to get some more!!
Eutow_Intermedium

Re: How long does it take?

Post by Eutow_Intermedium »

I have had the same problem here in GB/UK

I planted some Mammilaria Prolifera at the same time as you, and they've done sod all really =^~^=

Still only 7mm approx high by 3mm across. Maybe it was just bad time for Mamm Prolifera seed.

*sighs*