Escobaria minima etc.

All about seed grown plants. How-to information, progress reports, show of your results.
keith

Re: Escobaria minima etc.

Post by keith »

M. crucigera its a cutting from a old plant that went bad . Originally a small plant from from Abby gardens around 1991 ? Hard to find now.
Attachments
Ariocapus 2014
Ariocapus 2014
ario.jpg (159.95 KiB) Viewed 259 times
keith

Post by keith »

Cactus seedlings in 6 pots that's about all I have room for this year . I usually start with one species per pot but if I don't get great germination and because of space constraints I add other seeds and then try and figure out what they are as they grow. My own seed so I usually have plenty to experiment around with. Started in March and now last pot finally going at the end of June. Put new different seeds in it because it was just not germinating anything . Heat waves are helpful.

I put plastic over them during the day for the first couple months. take it off at night to dry out the tiny top parts of the plants because that's often where fungus starts. Or at least where I see it start. They are out in sunlight under many layers of screen and in a screened bench.

Epithelantha, Turbinicarpus, Ariocarpus, Mammillaria, Echinocactus, lophos, Astrophytum all slow growers.
Attachments
seedlings from sprouted from weeks to months
seedlings from sprouted from weeks to months
seedlings.jpg (142.68 KiB) Viewed 191 times
Closeup
Closeup
Cactus.JPG (164.36 KiB) Viewed 131 times
keith

Post by keith »

Transplanting small cactus started around 2015-2016. Started after work and 10 minutes later it was 2.5 hours gone by . Still more to do . Hardest part is finding room .

Been around 90F during day and about 68F right at the coldest part of the am, perfect cactus weather.
Attachments
VARIOUS cactus
VARIOUS cactus
Screenshot 2022-08-16 194641.jpg (156 KiB) Viewed 45 times