Hello all!

New to the forum? Use this section to introduce yourself!
brandohobbit89

Hello all!

Post by brandohobbit89 »

Hey everyone I'm just introducing myself here. I'm Brando from Minnesota and I recently discovered my hidden interest with plants, especially cacti!! To further increase my knowledge on the subject, I researched where a cactus forum might exist and lo and behold I fell upon Cactiguide.com. Looks like a great site and I'm excited to be a part of this network! I recently sowed my first every O. Ficus Indica seeds on Earth day. We'll see what happens as the weeks go on I spose!
bluetexasbonnie
Location: Geronimo, Texas (near San Antonio) Edge of zone 8a - 8b.

Re: Hello all!

Post by bluetexasbonnie »

Welcome! Wonderful that you found us and can come in and share.

Seeds are such a mysterious, magical thing. Good luck with yours.
My cactus must be gods. They demand blood sacrifice.
gemhunter178

Post by gemhunter178 »

Welcome!
A cactus and succulent collector who especially likes Ariocarpus. …Though I have a bit of everything! Want some pictures? See my flickr! I also do art and such.
hoteidoc

Post by hoteidoc »

Welcome, Brando! Came very close to getting a job in Bemidji @ 6 yrs ago! Loved the area & the state! Who knows -- might still end up there in "retirement". Hopefully in time, you'll get to growing "Cold-Hardys" outside -- which is a real challenge, but very possible. There are, in fact, quite a large # of species of C & S that will do well in your area, PROVIDED that you have VERY well-drained "soil". Of course then most of your neighbors will be convinced you're crazy -- but most of us are! :roll:
Once bitten by the cactus collecting/growing bug, there is no known cure!
There's no 12 step programme for Cactaholics...so I shall just have to get some more!!
brandohobbit89

Post by brandohobbit89 »

Thanks for the welcomes! Everyone already thinks I'm crazy for being in the area I am and being so crazy about cacti haha! One day soon I hope to live in a nicer zone for cacti but we'll see in due time. Again it's great to be here! :D
hoteidoc

Post by hoteidoc »

Another reason I wanted to move to Minn -- I suspect the Warm Weather will be coming to you :wink: -- no need to move :roll:
Once bitten by the cactus collecting/growing bug, there is no known cure!
There's no 12 step programme for Cactaholics...so I shall just have to get some more!!