Cactus Nursery Haage, Germany

Share info and Pictures about gardens, parks, nurseries, and other locations with cacti.
Ralf

Cactus Nursery Haage, Germany

Post by Ralf »

A couple weeks ago we had a forum meeting at the world's oldest cactus nursery in Erfurt, Germany.
This meeting of that German cactus forum held every year. There you'll meet up old fiends in can find contacts to new members or whatever.
Every time it starts with a guidance through all greenhouses of the nursery by the owner Uli Haage. Included all greenhouses which usually not open for the public.
Of course all of us take pictures till the trigger finger is glowing. :wink:
After that 2 or 3 hours tour we sit together talk about everything and have a nice BBQ. It's always a great time and we really enjoy it year for year.

Here is my fb picture album
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 415&type=3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
No account necassary!
Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize that we cannot eat money.
(Wisdom of the Cree Indians)

Cacti encyclopedia | Facebook
oldcat61

Re: Cactus Nursery Haage, Germany

Post by oldcat61 »

Thanks so much for posting your photos. The number of flowers per plant is amazing; I know I just don't have enough sun for that. And of course the beautiful Lophs make me crazy. The USA has such stupid laws: you can carry a rifle into a restaurant but I can't buy pretty pink flowers. Sue
Ralf

Post by Ralf »

Sue, I know about that, but who cares what's growing in the secret corner of your greenhouse. :wink:
In the past I've seen several strange Gymnocalycium with that kind of pink flowers.
Who knows the tiny difference of Lophophora and Gymnocalycium? Except some cactus experts at the CactiGuide forum. :)
Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize that we cannot eat money.
(Wisdom of the Cree Indians)

Cacti encyclopedia | Facebook
oldcat61

Post by oldcat61 »

The problem isn't growing them ( I have one lonely little guy ), it's buying decent plants in the first place. I don't have the room for seeds & I'm too lazy. I need someone to send a box of German chocolate with some lophs inside. Wonder if you coated them in chocolate for the Customs check ..........