SEED TRADING BAN?!?!?!

CactiGuide Members' Seed Trading List
Tao

Re: SEED TRADING BAN?!?!?!

Post by Tao »

There's a lot of people in prison for victimless crimes. Its a sad situation when your grandmother becomes a criminal just for sharing a few flower seeds from her garden.
I think this new law, re seeds, is part of the Trade agreement being discussed behind closed doors.
sundanz

Post by sundanz »

It's not gonna work! Who is going to enforce this? The Seed Police? Give me a break! I know our Government is trying to regulate everything so you will have no say-so in anything! It's not gonna happen! It's burocracy gone amok, once again!
Hey, wanna swap some seeds? I have some listed somewhere on here!:-)
Karin
Life's a Cactus in the Great State of Texas!!!
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

Lol @ the seed police!
7george

Post by 7george »

The seed swap could be banned but not canceled. This just will make as to drive or walk more with deeds in the pocket. Or made us smugglers.

If something is to be put under a ban, this is Monsanto!
If your cacti mess in your job just forget about the job.
°C = (°F - 32)/1.8
Andre

Post by Andre »

Just how would it be possible to police that sort of ruling. .? Also so many people who trade or give away seed have harvested from their own plants. I really can't see this happening at the moment.
Mertzi

Post by Mertzi »

This is due to coorperate lobbyists, such as Monsanto. EU and Sweden is also under huge preassure from Monsanto to change regulations to fit their wishes. Both regarding patented species, seed trading and GMO. It's really quite frightening how governments let themselves be influenced to such an extent by commercial companies looking only for profit. It's all a big mess really, I hope they'll realize it too before it's too late...
Tao

Post by Tao »

These are the secret trade agreements I refer too, (common knowledge now I think);
Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTip)
&
Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP)
see link or wiki for info
http://www.exposethetpp.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2 minute utube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnC1mqyAXmw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LOL, not sure why but these sinister things always have associative innuendo's TPP & TTip, is kinda like toilet paper & "fracking" (I'll say no more).

I'm finding more & more that seeds/cuttings, I send appear to get lost @ the destination, & I'm having to re-send. Internally its fine, so far - but for how long?. Certainly all mail from international destinations goes through xray or similar machines (& I would expect that applies to internal mail in paranoid countries). Its easy to eliminate the exchange of seeds.