Free seeds / seed swap list

CactiGuide Members' Seed Trading List
Aiko

Re: Free seeds / seed swap 2019 list

Post by Aiko »

Just a very small update.

I have the following species available for free to everyone, experienced or inexperienced:
- Drosera capensis (carnivorous, non-succulent) (one portion left) - harvest of autumn 2018
- Tulbaghia galpinii - harvest of summer 2019

I have the following species available for free to experienced growers only:
- Bulbine wiesei (one portion of 3 seeds left) - harvest of summer 2019
- Dionaea muscipula ("Venus fly trap") (carnivorous, non-succulent) - harvest of summer 2018
- Drimia uniflora (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2018
- Lachenalia aloides var. quadricolor (one portion of 11 seeds left) - harvest of spring 2019
- Ledebouria sp. nova (ex Sandile Dam, DMC12625) (one portion of 2 seeds left) - harvest of summer 2019
- Strombocactus disciformis (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2019
- Turbinicarpus valdezianus var. albiflorus - harvest of summer 2019

And I have these available for swapping only:
- Conophytum burgeri (one portion left) - harvest of autumn 2018
- Haworthia springbokvlakensis - harvest of summer 2019
- Lachenalia (Polyxena) ensifolia - harvest of spring 2019
- Massonia echinata - harvest of spring 2019
- Massonia longipes - harvest of spring 2019
- Massonia pustulata (mother plant possibly a Massonia hybrid, so can't guarentee this to be a "true" M. pustulata) - harvest of spring 2019
- Resnova megaphylla (ex Tonteldoos) (one portion of 4 seeds left) - harvest of summer 2019

Please send me a personal message if you are interested.

I do not count the seeds per bag, so I cannot guarantee a certain amount of seeds. I make sure you will get more than enough, usually multiple dozens per species per bag if they are not rare and / or my stock is not extremely low. Seeds usually are clean, but depending on the species there could be some flower debris along with the seeds as for some species it is hard to harvest them without flower remains.

I don't sell any seeds. All seeds on offer are free, unless the few species that are 'swapping only'. For free seeds please reimburse me for postage. But instead of reimbursing you might also like to swap seeds / seedlings / cuttings. Swapping instead of reimbursing me has my preference: I like swapping! I am mostly interested in mesembs, (Southern African) bulbs, cacti with tuberous roots or succulents that can survive moderate to severe frosts.

The free seeds are available for the cost of just one (international) stamp. Reimbursement of postage via paypal, please (send the money as 'gift', this will be cheaper than paying for 'services'). Reimbursement will be 1.45 euro for worldwide delivery if I can keep the envelope below 20 grams (in most cases). Occasionally the envelope will be heavier, doubling the postage costs (I will let you know if this is the case).

I can send seeds all around the world (if your country needs a customs CN22 declaration that's not a problem, e.g. for Australia or New Zealand).
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

This time I have more to add to the list again.

I have the following species available for free to everyone, experienced or inexperienced:
- Anacampseros arachnoides - harvest of autumn 2019
- Anacampseros namaquensis (ex JVT94230, Aughrabies Hills, RSA) - harvest of autumn 2019
- Anacampseros retusa (ex JVT9350) - harvest of autumn 2019
- Anacampseros telephiastrum (ex JVT 324, S. of Calitzdorp) - harvest of autumn 2019
- Avonia albissima (one portion left) - harvest of autumn 2019
- Delosperma sp. (should take some frost if dry) - harvest of autumn 2019
- Drosera capensis (carnivorous, non-succulent) (one portion left) - harvest of autumn 2018
- Ferocactus glaucescens - harvest of summer 2019
- Habranthus tubispathus - harvest of summer 2019
- Lithops sp. - harvest of summer 2019
- Notocactus magnificus - harvest of summer 2019
- Wigginsia sessiliflora var. marcracanthus (one small portion left) - harvest of autumn 2019

- Bulbine aff. mesembryanthemoides (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2019
- Conophytum chrisocruxum (ex SH2275) (one portion of 8 seeds left) - harvest of autumn 2019
- Conophytum friedrichiae (ex SB1208, Samoep) - harvest of autumn 2019
- Dionaea muscipula ("Venus fly trap") (carnivorous, non-succulent) - harvest of summer 2018
- Drimia uniflora - harvest of summer 2019
- Lachenalia aloides var. quadricolor (one portion of 11 seeds left) - harvest of spring 2019
- Ledebouria sp. nova (ex Sandile Dam, DMC12625) (one portion of 2 seeds left) - harvest of summer 2019

- Conophytum burgeri - harvest of autumn 2019
- Conophytum cubicum - harvest of autumn 2019
- Conophytum minimum "wittebergense" (ex RR714) (one portion left) - harvest of autumn 2019
- Conophytum ratum - harvest of autumn 2019
- Copiapoa hypogaea var. barquitensis (ex FR 654, Near Chañaral, Barquito, 02 Antofagasta, Chile) (one portion left) - harvest of autumn 2019
- Epithelantha micromeris - harvest of summer 2019
- Frailea castanea - harvest of summer 2019
- Mammillaria coahuilense (ex SB699, Hipolito, Coahuila, Mexico) - harvest of summer 2019
- Massonia pustulata (mother plant possibly a Massonia hybrid, so can't guarentee this to be a "true" M. pustulata) - harvest of spring 2019
- Resnova megaphylla (ex Tonteldoos) (one portion of 4 seeds left) - harvest of summer 2019

I do not count the seeds per bag, so I cannot guarantee a certain amount of seeds. I make sure you will get more than enough, usually multiple dozens per species per bag if they are not rare and / or my stock is not extremely low. Seeds usually are clean, but depending on the species there could be some flower debris along with the seeds as for some species it is hard to harvest them without flower remains.

I don't sell any seeds. All seeds on offer are free, unless the few species that are 'swapping only'. For free seeds please reimburse me for postage. But instead of reimbursing you might also like to swap seeds / seedlings / cuttings. Swapping instead of reimbursing me has my preference: I like swapping! I am mostly interested in mesembs, (Southern African) bulbs, cacti with tuberous roots or succulents that can survive moderate to severe frosts.

The free seeds are available for the cost of just one (international) stamp. Reimbursement of postage via paypal, please (send the money as 'gift', this will be cheaper than paying for 'services'). Reimbursement will be 1.45 euro for worldwide delivery if I can keep the envelope below 20 grams (in most cases). Occasionally the envelope will be heavier, doubling the postage costs (I will let you know if this is the case).

I can send seeds all around the world (if your country needs a customs CN22 declaration that's not a problem, e.g. for Australia or New Zealand).
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

The Ledebouria sp. nova and Avonia albissima are now gone.

- Anacampseros arachnoides - harvest of autumn 2019
- Anacampseros namaquensis (ex JVT94230, Aughrabies Hills, RSA) - harvest of autumn 2019
- Anacampseros telephiastrum (ex JVT 324, S. of Calitzdorp) - harvest of autumn 2019
- Delosperma sp. (should take some frost when dry) - harvest of autumn 2019
- Notocactus magnificus - harvest of summer 2019
- Wigginsia sessiliflora var. macracanthus (one small portion left) - harvest of autumn 2019

- Conophytum chrisocruxum (ex SH2275) (one portion of 8 seeds left) - harvest of autumn 2019
- Conophytum friedrichiae (ex SB1208, Samoep) (one portion left)- harvest of autumn 2019

- Conophytum burgeri - harvest of autumn 2019
- Conophytum cubicum - harvest of autumn 2019
- Conophytum minimum "wittebergense" (ex RR714) (one portion left) - harvest of autumn 2019
- Conophytum ratum - harvest of autumn 2019
- Copiapoa hypogaea var. barquitensis (ex FR 654, Near Chañaral, Barquito, 02 Antofagasta, Chile) (one portion left) - harvest of autumn 2019
- Mammillaria coahuilense (ex SB699, Hipolito, Coahuila, Mexico) - harvest of summer 2019

Aiko

Post by Aiko »

The Wigginsia, Polyxena and some of the Conophytum seeds are now gone.

- Anacampseros arachnoides (one portion left) - harvest of autumn 2019
- Anacampseros namaquensis (ex JVT94230, Aughrabies Hills, RSA) (one portion left) - harvest of autumn 2019
- Anacampseros telephiastrum (ex JVT 324, S. of Calitzdorp) (one portion left) - harvest of autumn 2019
- Notocactus magnificus (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2019

- Conophytum friedrichiae (ex SB1208, Samoep) (one portion left)- harvest of autumn 2019
- Massonia longipes (one portion left) - harvest of spring 2019

- Conophytum ratum (one portion left)- harvest of autumn 2019
- Lachenalia (Polyxena) ensifolia (one portion left) - harvest of spring 2019
- Lithops fulviceps (ex C 220, 75km north of Karasburg, Namibia) (one portion left) - harvest date unknown
- Strumaria watermeyeri - (one portion left) - harvest of autumn 2019

Aiko

Re: Free seeds / seed swap 2018 list

Post by Aiko »

Conophytum chrisocruxum, Lithops fulviceps, Frailea castanea, Copiapoa hypogaea var. barquitensis and Dionaea muscipula are now gone. Two small additions, namelijk a giant amount of four seeds of Thelocactus heterochromus and a more decent portion of Albuca shawii.

- Albuca shawiii (one portion left) - harvest of autumn 2019
- Anacampseros namaquensis (ex JVT94230, Aughrabies Hills, RSA) (one portion left) - harvest of autumn 2019
- Anacampseros telephiastrum (ex JVT 324, S. of Calitzdorp) (one portion left) - harvest of autumn 2019
- Thelocactus heterochromus (one portion of 4 seeds left) - harvest of autumn 2019

- Massonia echinata (one portion left) - harvest of spring 2019

- Strumaria watermeyeri - (one portion left) - harvest of autumn 2019

I don't sell any seeds. All seeds on offer are free, unless the species that are 'swapping only'. For free seeds please reimburse me for postage. But instead of reimbursing you might also like to swap seeds / seedlings / cuttings. Swapping instead of reimbursing me has my preference: I like swapping! I am mostly interested in mesembs, (Southern African) bulbs, cacti with tuberous roots or succulents that can survive moderate to severe frosts.

Aiko

Post by Aiko »

The Drosera is now gone too. Avonia albissima is back on the list as some more fruits have ripened, but it will be the last portion of the season. I also added Drimia ciliata for swapping only and two Eucomis species on the free list. Maybe between now and spring some things from the swapping section will go to the free section, depending on if I want to sow them myself.

- Avonia albissima (one portion left) - harvest of autumn 2019
- Eucomis vandermerwei (one portion left) - harvest of autumn 2019
- Eucomis zambesiaca (one portion left) - harvest of autumn 2019
- Thelocactus heterochromus (one portion of 4 seeds left) - harvest of autumn 2019

- Drimia ciliata (ex Visrivier) - harvest of autumn 2019
- Strumaria watermeyeri (one portion of 10 seeds left) - harvest of autumn 2019

I do not count the seeds per bag, so I cannot guarantee a certain amount of seeds. I make sure you will get more than enough, usually multiple dozens per species per bag if they are not rare and / or my stock is not extremely low. Seeds usually are clean, but depending on the species there could be some flower debris along with the seeds as for some species it is hard to harvest them without flower remains and a chore to get them out.

I don't sell any seeds. All seeds on offer are free, unless the species that are 'swapping only'. For free seeds please reimburse me for postage. But instead of reimbursing you might also like to swap seeds from your own collection. The free seeds are available for the cost of just one (international) stamp. Reimbursement of postage via paypal, please (send the money as 'gift', this will be cheaper than paying for 'services'). Reimbursement will be 1.45 euro for worldwide delivery if I can keep the envelope below 20 grams (in most cases). Occasionally the envelope will be heavier, doubling the postage costs (I will let you know if this is the case).

Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Avonia albissima is gone again. Same also goes for Conophytum minimum "wittebergense" and Conophytum ratum.

- Anacampseros retusa (ex JVT96350) - harvest of autumn 2019

- Drimia uniflora (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2019

- Strumaria watermeyeri (one portion of 10 seeds left) - harvest of autumn 2019

I do not count the seeds per bag, so I cannot guarantee a certain amount of seeds. I make sure you will get more than enough, usually multiple dozens per species per bag if they are not rare and / or my stock is not extremely low. Seeds usually are clean, but depending on the species there could be some flower debris along with the seeds as for some species it is hard to harvest them without flower remains and a chore to get them out.

I don't sell any seeds. All seeds on offer are free, unless the species that are 'swapping only'. For free seeds please reimburse me for postage. But instead of reimbursing you might also like to swap seeds from your own collection. The free seeds are available for the cost of just one (international) stamp. Reimbursement of postage via paypal, please (send the money as 'gift', this will be cheaper than paying for 'services'). Reimbursement will be 1.45 euro for worldwide delivery if I can keep the envelope below 20 grams (in most cases). Occasionally the envelope will be heavier, doubling the postage costs (I will let you know if this is the case).

Aiko

Post by Aiko »

The Strumaria watermeyeri seeds are now gone. They already started to germinate (they are quick doing this), so I put them in some soil today and grow them myself. Also the Notocactus magnificus seeds are now gone.

- Anacampseros retusa (ex JVT96350) (one portion left) - harvest of autumn 2019
- Delosperma sp. (should take some frost when dry) (one portion left) - harvest of autumn 2019

Edwindwianto

Post by Edwindwianto »

If i may ask...

Have you ever sent seeds to thailand?
From your experience (if you ever sent seeds to thai), do i need to prepare any papers?

Thanks a lot
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

I don't think you will need papers. Although one can always attach a CN22 customs declaration form, which is easy.
Edwindwianto

Post by Edwindwianto »

Aiko wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:16 pm I don't think you will need papers. Although one can always attach a CN22 customs declaration form, which is easy.
Thanks Aiko for your reply
I'll wait for your next list...

Btw...your seeds are not all canti...wow

Regards
Edwin
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

You can wait. But things will only get less for the next six months. It's basically winter here already.
The only addition I am expecting are Bowiea volubilis seeds, which are ripening right now. And maybe some Nerine seeds.
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Small update again. Anacampseros namaquensis, A. retusa, A. telephiastrum and Thelocactus heterochromus are now spoken for.

- Delosperma sp. (should take some frost when dry) (one portion left) - harvest of autumn 2019
- Eucomis zambesiaca (one portion of seven seeds left) - harvest of autumn 2019
- Lithops sp. (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2019

- Turbinicarpus valdezianus var. albiflorus (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2019

Last edited by Aiko on Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Edwindwianto

Post by Edwindwianto »

Aiko wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:26 am You can wait. But things will only get less for the next six months. It's basically winter here already.
No problem Aiko
I don't want to get involved to much in cacti, not that I don't love them, but because I'am a foreigner who live in foreign country (indonesian who lives in thailand). I'am affraid that I wouldn't be able to bring all my cacti home, when the time is come for me to return to indo (5 years from now).

So, i restrict my self to care for/grow the seed from some certain cacti that I REALLY want...
Aiko wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:26 am The only addition I am expecting are Bowiea volubilis seeds, which are ripening right now. And maybe some Nerine seeds.
Wow...as a child, i had this plant!
When i had moved out from my parent's house (to live on my own in a different city), i left it behind and it died
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Can't you mail your plants when you move back to Indonesia?