Free seeds / seed swap list

CactiGuide Members' Seed Trading List
Aiko

Re: Free seeds / seed swap 2021 list

Post by Aiko »

Another update. I removed the Conophytum burgeri as I have swapped those away. I will not be having Conophytum burgeri on the list for a long while. My 25+ mature plants only produced one flower last autumn! Very strange. Nothing I could pollinate and so nothing to harvest after the summer. Maybe I will have seeds again in autumn 2022 if they will flower again for me coming autumn.

I have the following species available for free to everyone, experienced or inexperienced:
- Albuca shawiii (one portion left) - harvest of autumn 2019
- Anacampseros namaquensis (ex JVT 94230, Aughrabies Hills) (one portion left)
- Bowiae volubilis - harvest of winter 2020
- Delosperma sp. - harvest of winter 2020
- Eucomis vandermerwei (one portion of just 7 seeds left) - harvest of winter 2020
- Eucomis zambesiaca (one portion of just 13 seeds left) - harvest of winter 2020
- Habranthus tubispathus (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2020

I have the following species available for free to experienced growers only:
- Dinteranthus vanzylii (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2020
- Epithelantha micromeris (ex SB 256, Eddy County, New Mexico, USA) (one portion of just 11 seeds left) - harvest of autumn 2020

And I have these available for swapping only:
- Conophytum maughanii (one portion left) - harvest of autumn 2020
- Conophytum ratum (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2020
- Frailea castanea (ex Cavera) (one portion of 12 seeds left) - harvest of summer 2020
- Frailea castanea (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2020
- Massonia echinata "densely pubescent" (covered in tiny hairs) (one portion left) - harvest of spring 2020
- Massonia pygmaea subsp. pygmaea (one portion left) - harvest of spring 2020

Please send me a personal message if you are interested.

I do not count the seeds per bag, so I cannot guarantee a certain amount of seeds. I make sure you will get more than enough, usually multiple dozens per species per bag if they are not rare and / or my stock is not extremely low. Seeds usually are clean, but depending on the species there could be some flower debris along with the seeds as for some species it is hard to harvest them without flower remains and a chore to get them out.

I don't sell any seeds. All seeds on offer are free, unless the species that are 'swapping only'. For free seeds please reimburse me for postage via paypal. Reimbursement will be 1.55 euro for worldwide delivery if I can keep the envelope below 20 grams (in most cases). Occasionally the envelope will be heavier, doubling the postage costs (I will let you know if this is the case).

I can send seeds all around the world (if your country needs a customs CN22 declaration that's not a problem, e.g. for Australia or New Zealand).
Download

Post by Download »

snip
Last edited by Download on Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shane

Post by Shane »

Download wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:33 am Edit: This is a general seed swap thread, isn't it?
No, this is actually only for Aiko's seed offerings. You can just make a new thread in this subforum though. More people will see it that way too
Los Angeles, California (USA)
Zone 10b (yearly minimum temperature 1-5° C)

Fishhook cacti are like cats, they only like to be petted in one direction
Download

Post by Download »

Shane wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:22 pm
Download wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:33 am Edit: This is a general seed swap thread, isn't it?
No, this is actually only for Aiko's seed offerings. You can just make a new thread in this subforum though. More people will see it that way too
Woops.
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Lot's of stuff gone now. The Frailea might be gone soon too if there are no takes: I will sow them myself in the next two weeks if nobody wants to swap them. Some Massonia seeds are on their way for the next update.

I have the following species available for free to everyone, experienced or inexperienced:

- Dinteranthus vanzylii (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2020

- Frailea castanea (ex Cavera) (one portion of 12 seeds left) - harvest of summer 2020
- Frailea castanea (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2020
- Massonia echinata "densely pubescent" (covered in tiny hairs) (one portion left) - harvest of spring 2020

I do not count the seeds per bag, so I cannot guarantee a certain amount of seeds. I make sure you will get more than enough, usually multiple dozens per species per bag if they are not rare and / or my stock is not extremely low. Seeds usually are clean, but depending on the species there could be some flower debris along with the seeds as for some species it is hard to harvest them without flower remains and a chore to get them out.

I don't sell any seeds. All seeds on offer are free, unless the species that are 'swapping only'. For free seeds please reimburse me for postage via paypal. Reimbursement will be 1.55 euro for worldwide delivery if I can keep the envelope below 20 grams (in most cases). Occasionally the envelope will be heavier, doubling the postage costs (I will let you know if this is the case).

I can send seeds all around the world (if your country needs a customs CN22 declaration that's not a problem, e.g. for Australia or New Zealand).
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

The Dinteranthus seeds are now gone.

- Nothing at the moment...

Aiko

Post by Aiko »

An update has been quite a long time ago. I used to have more seeds than the below ones. I also offer seeds via the BCSS forum, but due to the downtime of Cactiguide much is gone already. I have this left:

- Bowiae volubilis - harvest of winter 2021
- Bulbine semibarbata (summer grower) (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2021
- Dioanea muscipula, Venus fly trap (carnivorous plant, not a succulent) - harvest of summer 2021
- Eucomis vandermerwei - harvest of winter 2021
- Habranthus tubispathus (summer grower) - harvest of summer 2021
- Habranthus x floryi 'Green Base' (summer grower) - harvest of 2021
- Ornithogalum graminifolium (summer grower) - harvest of summer 2021
- Ornithogalum sp. (ex Sentinal Peak) (summer grower) (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2021
- Parodia magnifica - harvest of summer 2021
- Pleiospilos compactus subsp. canus (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2021
- Strombocactus disciformis - harvest of summer 2021

- Massonia hirsuta (ex Addo) (winter grower) (one portion left) - harvest of spring 2021
- Massonia pygmaea subsp. kamiesbergensis (winter grower) (one portion left) - harvest of spring 2020
- Massonia pygmaea subsp. pygmaea (winter grower) (one portion left) - harvest of spring 2020 and 2021
- Massonia sp. (formerly distributed incorrectly as M. echinata) (ex Plettenberg Bay) (winter grower) (one portion of 11 seeds left) - harvest of spring 2021
- Massonia pseudoechinata (ex Roggeveld) (formerly distributed as M. roggeveldensis, presumably incorrect) (winter grower) - harvest of spring 2021

- Ancistrocactus tobuschii, should be very hardy (one portion of 5 seeds left) - harvest of summer 2021
- Conophytum cubicum (one portion left) - harvest of autumn 2021
- Frailea asterioides (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2021
- Frailea asterioides (ex Cavera) (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2021
- Frailea asterioides (ex FS485, Livramento to Fazienda Topador, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil) (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2021
- Geissorhiza corrugata (one portion left) (winter grower) - harvest of summer 2021
- Glandulicactus uncinatus var. wrightii (ex JM136, Marathon, Texas, USA), should be very hardy (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2021
- Mammillaria heyderi var. hemisphaerica - harvest of summer 2021
- Pediocactus knowltonii, (ex SB304, San Juan County, New Mexico, USA), should be very hardy (one portion of 6 seeds left) - harvest of summer 2021
- Setiechinopsis mirabilis (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2021

LateBloomer

Post by LateBloomer »

PM seem to still be disabled... I'd be interested in strombocactus seeds but idk how to exchange info
Aeonium2003

Post by Aeonium2003 »

Maybe via Email? But if you post your Email on the forum, you might get spammed.
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Even a quote in a reply is not working well, I notice.

I see you live in Brasil. I have tried sending seeds to Brasil before, but those got bounched by customs back to me (customs added a note). It is the only country in the world to which I have tried sending seeds to that have not accepted them through customs.
LateBloomer

Post by LateBloomer »

PM has returned function... PM SENT

Aiko if you're willing to send I'd love those seeds. If not no biggie :)

I have spoken with another member from brasil that has had issues receiving seeds but so far I've not had any packages taken/fail to arrive. Most had tracking but even regular snail mail with just a stamp have arrived from USA and canada. As recently as 1 month ago I got seeds from the UK.
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

A small update. The Strombocactus disciformis is now gone.

- Bowiae volubilis - harvest of winter 2021
- Bulbine semibarbata (summer grower) (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2021
- Dioanea muscipula, Venus fly trap (carnivorous plant, not a succulent) - harvest of summer 2021
- Eucomis vandermerwei - harvest of winter 2021
- Habranthus tubispathus (summer grower) - harvest of summer 2021
- Habranthus x floryi 'Green Base' (summer grower) - harvest of 2021
- Ornithogalum graminifolium (summer grower) - harvest of summer 2021
- Ornithogalum sp. (ex Sentinal Peak) (summer grower) (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2021
- Parodia magnifica - harvest of summer 2021
- Pleiospilos compactus subsp. canus (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2021

- Massonia hirsuta (ex Addo) (winter grower) (one portion left) - harvest of spring 2021
- Massonia pygmaea subsp. kamiesbergensis (winter grower) (one portion left) - harvest of spring 2020
- Massonia pygmaea subsp. pygmaea (winter grower) (one portion left) - harvest of spring 2020 and 2021
- Massonia sp. (formerly distributed incorrectly as M. echinata) (ex Plettenberg Bay) (winter grower) (one portion of 11 seeds left) - harvest of spring 2021
- Massonia pseudoechinata (ex Roggeveld) (formerly distributed as M. roggeveldensis, presumably incorrect) (winter grower) - harvest of spring 2021

- Ancistrocactus tobuschii, should be very hardy (one portion of 5 seeds left) - harvest of summer 2021
- Conophytum cubicum (one portion left) - harvest of autumn 2021
- Frailea asterioides (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2021
- Frailea asterioides (ex Cavera) (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2021
- Frailea asterioides (ex FS485, Livramento to Fazienda Topador, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil) (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2021
- Geissorhiza corrugata (one portion left) (winter grower) - harvest of summer 2021
- Glandulicactus uncinatus var. wrightii (ex JM136, Marathon, Texas, USA), should be very hardy (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2021
- Mammillaria heyderi var. hemisphaerica - harvest of summer 2021
- Pediocactus knowltonii, (ex SB304, San Juan County, New Mexico, USA), should be very hardy (one portion of 6 seeds left) - harvest of summer 2021
- Setiechinopsis mirabilis (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2021

Aeonium2003

Post by Aeonium2003 »

Aiko, should we donate seeds to you, or make our own seed list threads? I should have some seeds to donate if they are wanted.
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

The seeds I offer are mostly from my own plants. Occasionally I get them donated or I get a large surplus in a swap. Of the above list two species are not from my own plants (but I do have those sown myself, so in a few years I hope to offer those from my own plants too).

But if you have seeds to offer, just start your own thread and see what happens!
Aeonium2003

Post by Aeonium2003 »

Thanks, It will take a few days to get my inventory organized.