Cacti/Succulent Hill

Share info and Pictures about gardens, parks, nurseries, and other locations with cacti.
bluedrinks

Cacti/Succulent Hill

Post by bluedrinks »

Heres a link to photos of a hill that i have been working on for the last year..This is where i plant the bigger plants.some were in pots but outgrew them.Others were givent o me,You can tell that it still needs plenty of work.lots of weeds.
The first few pics are of the hill and i included close ups of the plants as well,plenty of opuntias.i think i have a few dozen all together,different ones that is.be sure to check the second page of photos to see what happens when you get to close to your cactis.Enjoy!!

http://photobucket.com/albums/y234/blue ... d%20House/
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Thanks for sharing. Looks like you've got quite a bit of room to work with.

:shock: Oh man that's a Teddy Bear Cholla!!! Those are the absolute worst! I've never been stuck by a more painful spine than those. I usually end up cutting the spines off and then grabbing each one individually with a quick yank. It's the only way. There is no slow removal because of the reverse barbs.

OOWWWCHHH!
ihc6480

Post by ihc6480 »

Excellent, ya definitely got that landscaping job headed in the right direction :) . Nice collection of opuntia especially the Opuntia sobulata =P~

Nice pic of ya carrying around your Teddy. I've got three teddy bear chollas starts and my wife found out how to remove one from it's pot roots and all :shock: It is now one cacti in my collection she won't mess with :lol:

Nice job, nice pics and if ya ever have any cuttings I know this guy that loves Opuntias :D

Bill
bluedrinks

Post by bluedrinks »

i do have plenty of opuntia sobulata.that one grows fast