Sending PM issues

A place to post thoughts, errors, praise, or other comments about CactiGuide.com
apoplast

Sending PM issues

Post by apoplast »

Hi all - Not sure this is the correct spot for this (if not, modes please feel free to move and correct me - sorry). I attempted to send my first PM on this forum about an hour or so ago. It's sitting in my outbox. Doesn't seem to be sending, and I can't see how to send it from my outbox. I figure it will go to "sent mail' once it has sent. Is this a delay, or should I try again? I don't want to harass the person I am trying to contact with multiple messages. Any ideas what I'm doing incorrectly here? Thanks!
"If you are not killing plants, you are not really stretching yourself as a gardener."
-- J.C. Raulston, horticulturist, founder of the J.C. Raulston Arboretum in Raleigh, N.C.
mmcavall

Re: Sending PM issues

Post by mmcavall »

Go to "compose message". Compose your message, add recipient and subject. Submit. The message will stay in the outbox until the recipient reads it. Only then it will appear in "sent messages" (and disappear from outbox).
apoplast

Post by apoplast »

Thanks mmcavall! I've not run into an outbox before that acts as a "read receipt". Thant and right now I am dealing with server certificate issues for one e-mail account where I simply can't send out e-mails though I can receive them. When they don't go out they sit in my outbox. I guess I was worried it was happening here. Thanks again!
"If you are not killing plants, you are not really stretching yourself as a gardener."
-- J.C. Raulston, horticulturist, founder of the J.C. Raulston Arboretum in Raleigh, N.C.
mmcavall

Post by mmcavall »

No problem. If you want to make a test, send me a PM