Myrtillocactus Geometrizans

Anything relating to Cacti or CactiGuide.com that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
ebaycactus

Myrtillocactus Geometrizans

Post by ebaycactus »

This is probably a really stupid question, but where do the flowers on a Myrtillocactus Geometrizans grow from? I thought they grew from the plant's Areoles, but then wouldn't any bee's or other insects get pricked every time they go for pollen? I haven't seen mine bloom, but have only seen pictures, but most of them weren't close up enough.
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

These should be close enough to give you the idea...

ebaycactus

Post by ebaycactus »

Wow Thanks for the pictures? Are they from your collection?
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

I'm not sure if you know this, but if you know the name of a cactus, you can look it up on CactiGuide.com and see all the pictures I have for it. Here is the link to Myrtillocactus. I put the location where the photo was taken for every picture.

http://www.cactiguide.com/cactus/?genus=Myrtillocactus
ebaycactus

Post by ebaycactus »

:oops: I had known about all of your pictures and have used them before, but it has slipped me to look up the plant on your site.
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

No that I directed you that way, you'll probably notice that the first picture is M. cochal and not geometrizans. But they are so close, that I figured you'd still get the idea.