Pots

Post your non-cacti or non-succulent related posts here -some topics not allowed -see forum rules.
stefan m.

Pots

Post by stefan m. »

Question.
This might sound incredibly silly, but from where do you get those square cactus growing pots?
Do you buy them online, or its a isolated country thing and nobody sells them here?
ElieEstephane

Re: Pots

Post by ElieEstephane »

Try cactus art. They have many sizes
There are more cacti in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
One of the few cactus lovers in Lebanon (zone 11a) :mrgreen:
stefan m.

Post by stefan m. »

Just checked them out. Issue is they only sell either a 100 or 1 pots per parcel, and either way its too expensive for me
52 euro(biggest and best choice) + shipping+tax=way too much money.
Taxing shipments for mail works in a stupid way here:shipments above 45 euro worth get 25%taxed. Last spring i bought live plants, worth only 10 euros, but 25 handling and 37 shipping totaled in a 73 euro shipment. 73 euros +6 euros customs fee + 18 euro tax=97 euros for 6 plants that would have costed 1,6 euro each if bought locally .
Was thinking something among the lines of 10 pots per type.
I had to get by with these round black pots(7 cm diameter) or wholesale recycled pots. They got impractical after a while.
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

The original square pots we used in the UK were BEF polypropylene ones which lasted for many years in the greenhouse since the normal polystyrene ones soon go brittle in sunlight. BEF stopped production long ago, but new ones are now available from another firm.

The problem as you say Stefan is if you have to import them when transport costs can cost more than the pots themselves are worth.

Have you tried looking on your local EBAY? Put in either "plastic plant pots" or "square plastic plant pots".

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from ... s&_sacat=0

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw ... s&_sacat=0

If you cannot find anything local, EBAY is always a good place to look as a last resort.
stefan m.

Post by stefan m. »

Too expensive.
Also, uk stuff doesnt ship here.
Also what they sell online here, is proably worse and more expensive than that the round stuff i usually buy from aggro-pharmacies.
1/3rd of my pots are recycled from a nursery(wholesale importer).
But the issue stay-i bought square pots the first year i grew cacti. Were small, but worked great for some plants.
Havent seen em since. Havent seen larger either.
kuni1234567

Post by kuni1234567 »

I have purchased square cactus pots in the US, but shipping them overseas is very expensive. The cost to ship anything from the US to any country is very expensive and do not know why the costs are so high. I sometimes send gifts to friends in foreign countries and the postage is more than the cost of the gift. I would suggest buying square pots through Amazon because they have low shipping rates.
stefan m.

Post by stefan m. »

Never mind. This topic is closed. Ive found a cheap seller in the czech republic -kakteen.cz
ciazebernice

Post by ciazebernice »

I had bought pots at wholesale prices from Floral Decor Imports. They have many varieties of flower and plant pots, you can contact them for square pots.
bitcohen

Post by bitcohen »

Amazon ! Recently I’ve been on the hunt for some heavy duty pots like this I have the black 4" version of these and they're very tough