Database hacked?

A place to post thoughts, errors, praise, or other comments about CactiGuide.com
Spikylover

Database hacked?

Post by Spikylover »

Wtf is going on?? I'm receiving emails about gross surgical implants and stuff directed to me as spikylover and not as my real name. I thought this information is confidential? The only reason to spam companies having the email linked to my cactiguide account is that they have access to cactiguide database. Anyone else experienced this??
Rachel
Gardening with my mother and father in war ridden Syria
williamsii823

Re: Database hacked?

Post by williamsii823 »

My Malware and virus protection go wild on this site.
Steve Johnson

Post by Steve Johnson »

williamsii823 wrote:My Malware and virus protection go wild on this site.
I use Sophos anti-virus, and when I got onto the forum on Saturday, it blocked a high-risk website called coin-have.com. Something must've infected the CactiGuide website (which I believe is hosted on the Cactus Mall web server), although the problem cleared up rather quickly. Click on the "Contact us" link below and send a report to the Administrator immediately whenever you see something like this.
If you just want photos without all the blather, please visit my Flickr gallery.
My location: Los Angeles, CA (Zone 10b)
ElieEstephane

Post by ElieEstephane »

Steve Johnson wrote:which I believe is hosted on the Cactus Mall web server
It is. Daiv is working on taking cactiguide off that server due to the crazy amounts of bugs and problems.
There are more cacti in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
One of the few cactus lovers in Lebanon (zone 11a) :mrgreen: