My Collection

This is a place for members to post on-going topics about their plants and experiences.
Briguytm

Re: My Collection

Post by Briguytm »

ElieEstephane wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:12 am Beautiful flowers!
In my experience, the echinopsis subdenudata grows better and faster with a little shade
Thanks for the info! Yeah they seem to be starting to discolor. I got a little greedy and put them in full sun to promote flowering. But between my 5 subdenudata I’ve got about 15 buds so it should be an exciting if they all go at once :)
WayneByerly
Location: In the north end of the Sequachee Valley, 65 miles north of Chattanooga Tennessee USA. Zone 7a

Post by WayneByerly »

I am ever so glad you posted the picture of Lobivia 'Rose Quartz', as i have one in the budding stage... no flowers just yet... and this shows me what they will look like. Thanks a lot.

And the color on that "third bud" is just spectacular!
Make the moral choice & always do what's right. Be a good example. Be part of the solution & make a contribution to society, or be part of the problem & end your life with nothing but regrets. Live a life you can be proud of! Zone 7a
Briguytm

Post by Briguytm »

A prickly pear and Cholla in the nieborhood that are flowering.

Briguytm

Post by Briguytm »

Buds!

WayneByerly
Location: In the north end of the Sequachee Valley, 65 miles north of Chattanooga Tennessee USA. Zone 7a

Post by WayneByerly »

You're going to love the flowers that come from the buds in pictures 2 and 3. I promise.

Thanks for posting the pictures. I'm always extremely glad to be able to see the results of someone else's efforts at growing cacti. Especially the flowers. I don't think there's a more beautiful thing on the face of this planet than the flower of a cactus.
Make the moral choice & always do what's right. Be a good example. Be part of the solution & make a contribution to society, or be part of the problem & end your life with nothing but regrets. Live a life you can be proud of! Zone 7a
Briguytm

Post by Briguytm »

The Trichocereus Hybrids are going crazy right now.

WayneByerly

Post by WayneByerly »

I've got an even dozen buds on my Trichocereus grandiforus. About 5 "heads". Last year they produced enormous 5 inch white flowers.
Briguytm

Post by Briguytm »

So Echinopsis and a lobivia
WayneByerly

Post by WayneByerly »

WOW! Absolutely spectacular colors... the highlights are just... Well, spectacular! And that first picture is nothing short of completely astonishing!

I just made a reply to one of Elie's posts that said that it was "still my assertion that cactus flowers are among the most beautiful things in all of creation." And that has always been my opinion. Cactus flowers are, to my eye, the Fingerprints of God!

Thanks for sharing these pictures with the rest of the forum.
Briguytm

Post by Briguytm »

WayneByerly

Post by WayneByerly »

OMG ...

O... M... G...

WHAT is the genus/species of that cactus. Please, please, PLEASE!!!
Briguytm

Post by Briguytm »

WayneByerly wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:25 am OMG ...

O... M... G...

WHAT is the genus/species of that cactus. Please, please, PLEASE!!!
Labeled as echinopsis hybrid. Belive it’s “Epic”
WayneByerly

Post by WayneByerly »

Briguytm wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:15 am Labeled as echinopsis hybrid. Belive it’s “Epic”
When I bought my E. oxygona, the woman i bought it from sent me two grape-sized cacti as a "free-gift". The only ID provided was "Echinopsis hybrid". At this point they are now about 70mm tall, 65mm wide and one already has an offset. Way too... mmmm, uh, young... to flower. I csn only hope that when it does get old enough to flower that the colors are reasonably similar to yours. I just cannot get over those colors!
20180429_023447-1024x768.jpg
20180429_023447-1024x768.jpg (133.6 KiB) Viewed 1538 times
Briguytm

Post by Briguytm »

Echinopsis Subdenudata

Briguytm

Post by Briguytm »

3 unknowns I know the pink one is gymnocalicium and the yellow Parodia.