Yet more Canadians ...

New to the forum? Use this section to introduce yourself!
Jamuudsen

Yet more Canadians ...

Post by Jamuudsen »

... I see quite a few of us in the recent introductions threads.

I'm Jack. I've been lurking here for a couple of years. As life has gradually allowed me more time and space to grow things I've begun to get into plants in a big way. I come by it honestly -- my parents are both lifelong serious gardeners, and my father has been growing cacti since 1951 or so. He and I are growing a few hundred species and varieties from seed at the moment, but we have a hard time specializing. He likes Gymnos, Rebutias, Lobivias, and Faucaria. I particularly favour Chileans, caudiciforms, warty and jewel-like mesembs, the uglier Euphorbs, etc. He keeps an enormous private garden/arboretum in a rural region of northern Ontario, while along with my xerics I grow a few perennials and a handful of pre-bonsai in a postage stamp yard in urban Toronto. We share a soft spot for Astrophytum and have found Hanazono's posts here to be a source of inspiration and education.

I'm here to pick the brains of a few of Cactiguide's members. I'll share some photos of our collection in member topics in time.
ElieEstephane

Re: Yet more Canadians ...

Post by ElieEstephane »

WE ARE UNDER ATTACK :lol: :lol:
Hello jack and welcome to the forum! Glad to have more experienced growers such as yourself. Looking forward to learn from you and see your collection :D
There are more cacti in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
One of the few cactus lovers in Lebanon (zone 11a) :mrgreen:
gemhunter178

Post by gemhunter178 »

Welcome!
A cactus and succulent collector who especially likes Ariocarpus. …Though I have a bit of everything! Want some pictures? See my flickr! I also do art and such.
DesertSun

Post by DesertSun »

Hey Jack! Welcome to the forum, enjoy! :)
"The best fertilizer is the gardener's own shadow"
Chinese proverb
Xox-Zip-xoX

Post by Xox-Zip-xoX »

Welcome from a fellow Canadian! I’m new to the forum myself. Where abouts in Canada are you located?