Hello everyone!

New to the forum? Use this section to introduce yourself!
Ltait1992

Hello everyone!

Post by Ltait1992 »

Hi everyone,

Im 25 and Im a student mental health nurse in the UK. Anyone else from the UK here, just out of curiousity?

I must be having a quarter life crisis or something as Ive gone mad for growing plants in the last month or so. Haha Ive got a peace lily, mother-in-laws tongue, 3 succulents and 3 cacti. Ive got 6 demon red chilli seedlings growing as well alongside loads of cacti seeds. Ive ordered some flytrap seeds too. :P

Looking forward to getting to know you all and learnijg about cacti etc.
ElieEstephane

Re: Hello everyone!

Post by ElieEstephane »

Hello and welcome to the forum! Be warned though, once you catch the cacti bug, there's no going back! It's worse than drugs
We do have bunch of brits among us and they're very experienced for that matter.
Few helpful links on the site...
A guide to identifying cacti: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=39213

How to resize photos to be able to post: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=40232

Member photos to familiarize yourself and maybe participate: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2631&start=570
There are more cacti in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
One of the few cactus lovers in Lebanon (zone 11a) :mrgreen:
Ltait1992

Post by Ltait1992 »

Hi elie

Ive definitely got it. Ive planted about 60 seeds! Hahaha Its a total addiction; I cant help myself anymore both with cacti and houseplants. Haha

A cacti identifying guide is exactly what ive been looking for! 😁 The shops dont sell them with IDs which is a bit crap.
gemhunter178

Post by gemhunter178 »

Welcome!
I remember when I caught the bug...I bought hundreds of seeds.... just warning ya!
A cactus and succulent collector who especially likes Ariocarpus. …Though I have a bit of everything! Want some pictures? See my flickr! I also do art and such.