Hi from the UK

New to the forum? Use this section to introduce yourself!
stephanelli

Hi from the UK

Post by stephanelli »

Hi,
I'm new here from the UK, but not new to keeping cacti. I found this site while trying to ID a couple of my oldest plants.

I've currently got a small collection of cacti and succulents (and other houseplants).

I got my first two while I was a student at university about 8 years ago - a small, very slow growing, spikey cactus (probably a Pilocereus, but wants a proper ID - I'll post in the appropiate section soon) and a Opuntia monacantha (variegata). These two plants were my collection until I moved to a bigger house of my own.
The Opuntia regularly goes mad and I've taken many cuttings of this plant which accounts for the majority of my cactus plants (currently got 6 plants grown from cuttings of this plant and some recently taking cuttings which I'm waiting to see if they will root and survive).
I also have a lovely Mammillaria backebergiana which is currently giving the most delightful flowers.
Finally in my cacti collection I have 6 tiny seedlings which was all I manged to get to survive from a mixed packet of cactus seeds - as yet too tiny for ID!

I also have a small collection of succulents too...an Aloe aristata (and 2 pups), a tiny pot of Lithops and some Sempervivum (hen and chicks plants - exact variety unknown). My house plant collection also has a cute bonsai tree and a minature rose.

So yeah, that's me and my plant collection. Well, the house plant collection. We grow our own veg, fruit and flowers for the garden too!
Thanks for having me here :)
DaveW

Re: Hi from the UK

Post by DaveW »

Hi from Nottingham UK, hoping the weather is now going to improve since we seem a bit late starting this year.
gemhunter178

Post by gemhunter178 »

Welcome!
A cactus and succulent collector who especially likes Ariocarpus. …Though I have a bit of everything! Want some pictures? See my flickr! I also do art and such.
DesertSun

Post by DesertSun »

Hello and welcome to the forum! I'm sure you will find all the help and information you need here! :)
"The best fertilizer is the gardener's own shadow"
Chinese proverb