Help identifying ailments on my succulents

Use this forum to get advice on growing succulents and keeping them healthy
Trichards84

Help identifying ailments on my succulents

Post by Trichards84 »

Hi Everyone-- I've had these succulents for about 3 months and would say that they seem to be doing okay; all the plants have increased in size and several have blossomed. With that said, I've noticed some of them have white patches on a few of their leaves and others have dark spotting, which I believe is sunburn. Background: I live in southeast Texas on a barrier island (Galveston) which is growing zone 7-8. I've got the plants tucked behind a banister on my porch and on a given day I'd say they receive 4-6 hours of full sun at various times throughout the day but also receive intermittent shade. The spot on the porch where the succulents sit is well ventilated and often breezy which hopefully reduces the effect of high humidity. I have the plants outside because I don't really have any windows that receive enough direct sunlight.

My questions are:
What are the white patches and how can I prevent more patches from cropping up?

Are the dark spots indeed sunburn? I haven't noticed the dark patches increasing in size so they might have been caused by me transitioning them outside too quickly.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Attachments
white patches.jpg
white patches.jpg (87.83 KiB) Viewed 1607 times
white patches 2.jpg
white patches 2.jpg (78.91 KiB) Viewed 1607 times
sunburn.jpg
sunburn.jpg (60.02 KiB) Viewed 1607 times
sunburn 2.jpg
sunburn 2.jpg (77.17 KiB) Viewed 1607 times
AliceWalsh

Re: Help identifying ailments on my succulents