Greetings

New to the forum? Use this section to introduce yourself!
deathbystereo

Greetings

Post by deathbystereo »

Hi everyone!

Thanks for having me. I have been growing a collection of Thelocactus and Ferocactus exclusively for a few years now. However, I have recently been lucky enough to have been gifted an full tray (20 x 6cm) of little cactus so I have decided now would be a good time to expand my collection :)

Here to learn and help......if possible!!

Jo
ElieEstephane

Re: Greetings

Post by ElieEstephane »

Hello and welcome to the forum!
I'm very interested in ferocacti too. Would love to see your collection!
There are more cacti in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
One of the few cactus lovers in Lebanon (zone 11a) :mrgreen:
deathbystereo

Post by deathbystereo »

Thankyou :wink: I shall endeavour to get some pics up of my Fero's for you but as I say, its a young collection, so whilst a good example of the genus there no giants in there.
gemhunter178

Post by gemhunter178 »

Welcome!
A cactus and succulent collector who especially likes Ariocarpus. …Though I have a bit of everything! Want some pictures? See my flickr! I also do art and such.
hegar

Post by hegar »

Hello deathbystereo,
Welcome to the CactiGuide cactus and succulent forum.
I also do have a few Ferocactus plants in my collection; all of them too small to flower yet. However, they are fast growers and perhaps I shall be able to see at least one bloom during what is left of my life. :)
Also, I have a number of Thelocacti. I do like that genus, because it does flower freely and the blossoms are of a good size. Just today, my biggest Thelocactus heterochromus plant produced a flower! :) For me this is always a "big day", when I see the huge flower bud finally pop open.

Harald