can I grow lithops on west facing windowsill at london?

Use this forum to get advice on growing succulents and keeping them healthy
a_pink_bubble12

can I grow lithops on west facing windowsill at london?

Post by a_pink_bubble12 »

I want grow some lithops. but all my windows are west facing window at London. I live at first floor and there are trees grows in front of the building. they are about 2 meter away from my windows and block the bottom half of my windows. So, the windowsill will receive some sun light. but not a lot. Is that good enough for growing lithops? had anyone try?
greenknight

Re: can I grow lithops on west facing windowsill at london?

Post by greenknight »

Hard to say, how many hours of sun does it get? You might need to supplement the natural light with artificial light, I've had pretty good success with that in a similar situation.
Spence :mrgreen:
a_pink_bubble12

Post by a_pink_bubble12 »

greenknight wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:49 pm Hard to say, how many hours of sun does it get? You might need to supplement the natural light with artificial light, I've had pretty good success with that in a similar situation.
I am not sure. I will check when I get home. but how many hour does it usually need? I have a cheap 27W three head led grow light.
greenknight

Post by greenknight »

About 5 hours of sun is recommended. You could try them there, add the grow light if they look like they need it (a 27W LED lamp should be plenty along with some sun). Unlike cacti, if Lithops do get etiolated they'll outgrow it given more light, they grow a new pair of leaves annually.
Spence :mrgreen: