What light set up you use for succulents?

Anything relating to Succulents that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
Sandra_75

What light set up you use for succulents?

Post by Sandra_75 »

Days are getting shorter and shorter here in Canada.

No sun gets to my Lithops anymore and time to shop for lights. Im thinking in getting tube LED grow lights. Is that enough light for succulents?

What do you use?
aabell

Re: What light set up you use for succulents?

Post by aabell »

I purchased two LED grow panels this spring for a shelf and have been quite please with the results. I don't have any lithops but Echeverias have grown happily with great color and no etiolation. Also have germinated some cacti and grown many other types of succulent with good results. Bright enough to turn haworthias red as if they were in full sun. The only thing that has etiolated significantly is a small mammillaria.

The panels I am using are "A+ Yescom 225 LED Grow Light Ultrathin Panel 3300LM White", mounted less than half a meter above the shelf, so quite close to the plants. It's LED so doesn't get hot and won't burn them. Very thin, light, easy to mount and cant be found as cheap as $20. I highly recommend giving them a try.
Atozbotanicals

Re: What light set up you use for succulents?

Post by Atozbotanicals »

aabell wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:36 pm I purchased two LED grow panels this spring for a shelf and have been quite please with the results. I don't have any lithops but Echeverias have grown happily with great color and no etiolation. Also have germinated some cacti and grown many other types of succulent with good results. Bright enough to turn haworthias red as if they were in full sun. The only thing that has etiolated significantly is a small mammillaria.

The panels I am using are "A+ Yescom 225 LED Grow Light Ultrathin Panel 3300LM White", mounted less than half a meter above the shelf, so quite close to the plants. It's LED so doesn't get hot and won't burn them. Very thin, light, easy to mount and cant be found as cheap as $20. I highly recommend giving them a try.
I use the same panels, very good light strength and all around very nice panels. I haven’t had any etiolation and I start all my seedlings under the lights.
17 year old Cactus enthusiast specializing in hard growing North American species.