My cacti

This is a place for members to post on-going topics about their plants and experiences.
Hanazono

Re: My cacti

Post by Hanazono »

The myriostigma on your photo is flowering age. It should show the character of kikko but it does not.
Pd1973

Post by Pd1973 »

Hanazono wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:15 pm The myriostigma on your photo is flowering age. It should show the character of kikko but it does not.
Yes, but it's a purchased plant, a hybrid, and it's hard to say which genetics are in it, and which prevailed, maternal or paternal genes. Basically, I don't bother with the background of the purchased plants. I'm more crazy about plants, which I grow from seeds. I sowed quite a lot of ariocarpus, astrophythum, lobivia, rebutia and lophohora. A few years ago, I sowed different varieties of lophohora (texana, el oso, cedral, quatro ciengas) and they all look the same to me, I don't see any difference at all. I can only distinguish caespitosa plants.Seeds are from my 30 years old plant.
The situation with trichocereus is much worse, I have sown pachanoi and pervianus three times, and every time I get plants that do not have standard characteristics. Next week I expect seeds, obtained by hand pollination.

lOPOHORA WILLIAMSII caespitosa (my seeds)
LWC5.jpg
LWC5.jpg (149.97 KiB) Viewed 1093 times
LWC6.jpg
LWC6.jpg (158.18 KiB) Viewed 1093 times
Pd1973

Post by Pd1973 »

LW7.jpg
LW7.jpg (195.58 KiB) Viewed 1045 times
constantly blooming