Signs of Rooting problems ???

Multiplying your cacti vegetatively.
BobCt

Signs of Rooting problems ???

Post by BobCt »

I have 6 Opuntia " Sunburst " pads that I am trying to root. What I am observing is the single cuttings wilting. Loosing rigidity, color pattern is stable, some shrinkage. I am misting lighly once per 7-10days. They are in 2-1/2" square pots, 50%pumice, 50%organic peat based potting soil. Started rooting in Greenhouse in late Sept. brought them in for winter at 70F daytime,60F nighttime . Kept them just to side of direct light from T5HO Grow lights. Dry out extremely fast, within hours. Wonder if I need to increase misting, if soil type not conducive to start rootings from, Decrease porosity slightly ? Can certainly use any feedback on this challenge
ElieEstephane

Re: Signs of Rooting problems ???

Post by ElieEstephane »

I mentionned in the other thread that you should give more water. Lightly misting every 7-10 days which dries in a couple of hours is meaningless. If you don't want to water much, put them in a trabsoarent storage box, put some water at the bottom and close it this will helo root much faster
There are more cacti in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
One of the few cactus lovers in Lebanon (zone 11a) :mrgreen: