Greetings from Brazil!

New to the forum? Use this section to introduce yourself!
thveigas

Greetings from Brazil!

Post by thveigas »

Hello everyone!

So I decided to introduce myself after some months learning everthing I could from here. Despite my age (only 21y), I can't say I'm new to this hobby. I've been into the plants world since I was a little kid. cacti have always been my favorite type of plants so far, but I were never able to keep them happy for too long, so I switched to carnivorous plants, but I'm back in cactus business. I met another brazilian in the forum and he helped me a lot in my learning and search for materials.

I live in a small town called Valença, somewhat close to Rio de Janeiro, in the tropical Mata Atlântica area. I currently have a collection of approximately 45 species and hybrids and waiting to receive some seeds I just bought.

And I think that's it, it's a pleasure to meet you guys! Maybe someday I'll show my pretty little collection to you.
ElieEstephane

Re: Greetings from Brazil!

Post by ElieEstephane »

Hello and welcome to the forum!
There are more cacti in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
One of the few cactus lovers in Lebanon (zone 11a) :mrgreen:
hegar

Post by hegar »

I also extend a warm welcome to you and hope, that you will be able to achieve the maximum benefit from being a member of this forum.
It would be nice, if you could show us some of your plants in the near future. Do you specialize in the genera of cacti present in Brazil or do you grow anything with spines?

Harald
gemhunter178

Post by gemhunter178 »

Welcome!
Looking forward to some pictures of your collection! Perhaps you might even have some native cacti nearby!
A cactus and succulent collector who especially likes Ariocarpus. …Though I have a bit of everything! Want some pictures? See my flickr! I also do art and such.
pottedmob

Post by pottedmob »

Welcome to the forum! :)
Got my tires fixed and replacement helo wheels. Ready to drive to Phoenix for Arizona Cactus Garden.
thveigas

Post by thveigas »

Thanks everyone! I really hope I'll be able to contribute with something!
hegar wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:50 am I also extend a warm welcome to you and hope, that you will be able to achieve the maximum benefit from being a member of this forum.
It would be nice, if you could show us some of your plants in the near future. Do you specialize in the genera of cacti present in Brazil or do you grow anything with spines?

Harald
I love growing anything with spines, they facinate me and I can't choose between them, but I wish I'll be able to specialize in some genera someday! About the brazilian ones, I always been in love with Melocactus, Discocactus (hope I'll get one some day) and I'm starting to fall in love with Fraileas too, they're cute little gems. And I have a special thing with North America cactus too, I simply can't stand the beauty of Turbinicarpus, Ferocactus, Ariocarpus and Mammillarias. Unfortunately they're hard to get in national territory.