Hello from Swansea!

New to the forum? Use this section to introduce yourself!
AutumnRose

Hello from Swansea!

Post by AutumnRose »

Hi everyone, very excited to be new members to the forum.
We are a husband and wife living in Swansea, UK. After a long 4 1/2 years of living in separate places (me being from America & he being from England) we have finally moved in to our first apartment together this past month. I have always been interested in plants. I had quite a few growing up, they brought me so much joy. So, naturally being in this new space I couldn't resist brightening it up with some house plants. I initially found this forum while attempting to identify some cacti & succulents we just recently got from the local garden center. Seeing all of the information everyone here has to offer is what made me want to become a member. We look forward to learning more about how to care for plants as well as getting to know some of you guys on here. Autumn & Stephen :)

ElieEstephane

Re: Hello from Swansea!

Post by ElieEstephane »

Welcome to the forum guys! I love the variegated jade. It's one of my favorites
There are more cacti in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
One of the few cactus lovers in Lebanon (zone 11a) :mrgreen:
gemhunter178

Post by gemhunter178 »

Welcome!
A cactus and succulent collector who especially likes Ariocarpus. …Though I have a bit of everything! Want some pictures? See my flickr! I also do art and such.
hegar

Post by hegar »

I also welcome you to the cactus and succulent forum of CactiGuide. I am glad, that you had a positive experience, when you contacted this site, in order to help you identify some of your cacti and succulents. Overall, this is a pretty friendly group and you will receive advice and tips about growing these kinds of plants, if you ask politely.
Do you have all your plants on windowsills or do you have a greenhouse or are planning to get one?

Harald
AutumnRose

Post by AutumnRose »

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone :)
As of right now we only have them in windowsills, but a greenhouse is something we're looking at in the future.
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

Welcome from Nottingham UK. There is a strong Cactus Society in Britain, but I think your nearest branch unfortunately is in Cardiff so maybe a bit far away.

http://www.southwales.bcss.org.uk/

http://society.bcss.org.uk/index.php/about.html