Hello from Germany!

New to the forum? Use this section to introduce yourself!
Lea

Hello from Germany!

Post by Lea »

Hi everyone! I have just joined your very friendly and informative community and would like to introduce myself, even though I am probably not very good at it.
My name is Lea, 30 years old in a few weeks and have found out about my succulent addiction half a year ago when I learned that my boyfriend propagates his unusually colored Crassula Ovata from leafes. That fact was so fascinating for me that I have started to read about succulents and have not stopped doing so until now.
Anyways, I still have no idea how his jade variety is called. It definetly is an Ovata, its leafes are blue-ish and the underside is purple/red. If a leaf gets propagated, the new plant takes over even slightly different colorations. Anyways, I have wanted to introduce myself, right?
Well, as you can read, I am easily distracted, a bit on the unorganized side and like to forget stuff. I guess this makes me a happy, slightly annoying ADHD person (diagnozed) who laughs about purposefully stupid stuff and like to be stupid on purpose herself. Take that as you want, I am easy going and not easy to go mad.
I do, however, have the illusion that my english is decent, but I am aware that I am probably still making a lot of language mistakes. I would highly appreciate it if you could correct me, if you feel like doing so.
Anyways, I have decided to join you to learn as much as I can from more experienced people and kind of share my happiness about stuff like 'OMG I can see an echeveria baby through my magnifying glass!' (actually, there are 3 right now, but I hope to get some more)
Uhm ... yeah, what did I forget to mention?
No idea if you would like to know what plants I have, but just in case I'm posting a list for you :)
- 2 Aloes (still need IDs)
- Baby Cereus peruvianus monstrosa
- string of pearls
- sempervivum, tiny and red and a bit unhappy right now because it had to be inside a few weeks
- sedum alba
- some unknown native succulents (I guess sedum) in the new garden
- burros tail
- a lot of crassula Ovata babies, mostly the unknown variety, but gollum and ogre ears aswell if I have identified them correctly
- Echeveria Perle von Nürnberg
- proplifted leafes. It is the waiting game.
- some flaming katys that I have saved
Not succulent, but I also have 2 Marigolds, a Lima bean, a pinto bean, 2 baby apple trees, 40-ish coleus seedlings, 3 tillandsias and some other stuff lol
gemhunter178

Re: Hello from Germany!

Post by gemhunter178 »

Welcome! No worries on your English, it looks fine to me!
A cactus and succulent collector who especially likes Ariocarpus. …Though I have a bit of everything! Want some pictures? See my flickr! I also do art and such.
hegar

Post by hegar »

I too welcome you to the CactiGuide forum. I am certain, that you will get along just fine, not only with your command of the English language, but also with the overall, mostly friendly people of this group.

Harald
Lea

Post by Lea »

Thank you for the warm welcome you two! :)
leafeon27

Post by leafeon27 »

Hello there, I'm a new member here as well.
briancarpenter

Post by briancarpenter »

:D I wonder if there's a Pinto Bean forum around ?? hmmmm....... :)