inects that can fly on to soil and lay eggs.

Anything relating to Succulents that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
foxtrot

inects that can fly on to soil and lay eggs.

Post by foxtrot »

what can you put on the soil of a sanseveria snake plant to stop moths or flies laying eggs in the soil? but also allow new growth to push through the soil.
Atozbotanicals

Re: inects that can fly on to soil and lay eggs.

Post by Atozbotanicals »

If it’s fungus gnats, you can try beneficial nematode spray.
17 year old Cactus enthusiast specializing in hard growing North American species.
Lea

Post by Lea »

My boyfriend had those little flys that come from white tiny maggots in the soil. Sorry, i don't know the exact english word, but he was able to get rid of them with those yellow sticky sheets that you put into the soil. Pure mineral substrate could help aswell, but i guess that depends on the Pest.
keith

Post by keith »

Diatomaceous earth slows them way down. Mix it in the soil from the top . Fungus gnats.
Shane

Post by Shane »

I've achieved 100% elimination of gnats from my plants using BTI. BTI is a bacteria that's toxic to gnat larvae. It's sold under the brand names 'mosquito dunks' and 'mosquito bits' in the US

Crumble it up and sprinkle it on your soil. You don't need too much. Some people apply it mixed with water, this works too. The gnats will disappear in a week. It doesn't hurt plants in any way
Los Angeles, California (USA)
Zone 10b (yearly minimum temperature 1-5° C)

Fishhook cacti are like cats, they only like to be petted in one direction