Sick Euphorbia Royleana

Use this forum to get advice on growing succulents and keeping them healthy
bsteng13

Sick Euphorbia Royleana

Post by bsteng13 »

Hi! Thank you in advance for your support. I have a Euphorbia royleana growing in the back corner of my yard (pics below). It receives quite a lot of afternoon Phoenix sun. I noticed it was turning quite yellow at the base of the plant and one of the stems. I applied some water a few times (never more than once a week) during our really hot and dry July and August. I have know noticed that the area that were once yellow are now a brownish color and resembles a significant illness. The tops of each stem are growing and are sprouting with leaves. Do you think this plant will fight through the illness? What do I need to do to ensure it gets healthier? I am open to all ideas including digging it up and potting it, if necessary. I am not sure if I watered too much or not enough. Or if it received too much sun.
IMG_Sep72019at15531PM.jpg
IMG_Sep72019at15531PM.jpg (300.37 KiB) Viewed 1317 times
IMG_Sep72019at15630PM.jpg
IMG_Sep72019at15630PM.jpg (264.89 KiB) Viewed 1317 times
IMG_Sep72019at15653PM.jpg
IMG_Sep72019at15653PM.jpg (264.52 KiB) Viewed 1317 times
Thanks again,

Brian
Dodi Russell
Location: Sri Lanka, tropical climate, high humidity( no winters)

Re: Sick Euphorbia Royleana

Post by Dodi Russell »

Your Euphorbia is sunburnt. To me it looks like the base is rotting( I am not very sure ). Is the sunburnt area soft. Is there a odd smell coming from your plant. if your plant base is rotting take a cutting where rot hasn't taken place and move the plant to a place where it doesn't get a lot of direct sunlight. Morning sunlight is okay, don't keep it in strong afternoon sunlight.
Location: Sri Lanka, tropical climate, high humidity( no winters)
bsteng13

Re: Sick Euphorbia Royleana

Post by bsteng13 »

Dodi Russell wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:29 am Your Euphorbia is sunburnt. To me it looks like the base is rotting( I am not very sure ). Is the sunburnt area soft. Is there a odd smell coming from your plant. if your plant base is rotting take a cutting where rot hasn't taken place and move the plant to a place where it doesn't get a lot of direct sunlight. Morning sunlight is okay, don't keep it in strong afternoon sunlight.
Thank you so much, Dodi. The area is soft to the touch. I will take some cuttings and replant. Much appreciated.