Hi from ireland

New to the forum? Use this section to introduce yourself!
Paulacsk

Hi from ireland

Post by Paulacsk »

I have loved cacti since I was a child and have owned many, even grew some from seed. Since I am well into my forties I should have an impressive collection by now but no. Until a few months ago I owned none. I seem to have a pretty impressive talent for killing them. Something draws me back to them. As an Irish child growing up on a small farm in the often cold Irish climate they where exotic and wonderfully alien.
I have started my collection again and am already in trouble. I will post about that again. I am hoping to build a nice collection again and this time keep them alive with expert help.
gemhunter178

Re: Hi from ireland

Post by gemhunter178 »

Welcome!
It's all part of the process of learning, glad you're back into it though!
A cactus and succulent collector who especially likes Ariocarpus. …Though I have a bit of everything! Want some pictures? See my flickr! I also do art and such.
hegar

Post by hegar »

I too welcome you to the cactus-loving community of CactiGuide. I hope, that with our help, your growing skills will substantially improve.

Harald
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

Hi Paula,

You may find these video's on YouTube from one of your contemporaries in Ireland, Desert Plants of Avalon helpful for growing where you are:-

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... +of+avalon