Looking to buy/trade for Borzicactus

Post requests and offers of plants you would like to trade. -Read Rules First!
Minime8484

Looking to buy/trade for Borzicactus

Post by Minime8484 »

Hi!
Looking to buy or trade for plant, seedlings, or cuttings of:
  • Borzicactus (Cleistocactus) icosagonus ssp icosagonus
  • Borzicactus sepium ssp websterianus
  • Borzicactus sylvaticus
  • Borzicactus tenuiserpens
Would also appreciate any leads you may have if you don't have any yourself!
I have a pretty decent trade list.

Willing to buy/trade international (I'm in the USA); I have USDA Import permits. Almost never have any problems.

Also would be interested in seeds of the above.

Thanks!
Tristan
Aloha916

Re: Looking to buy/trade for Borzicactus

Post by Aloha916 »

Hi Tristan- I'm fairly confident that I've seen Borzicactus/Cleistocactus icosagonus (and potentially others on your list) for sale within the last year at Poot's Cactus Nursery in Ripon, near Modesto. In our current situation in California I'm not sure whether their retail business is still open right now, and whether they've ever considered mail-order.

Just wanted to share a potential lead- you might get in touch to see if there's any possibility if they have these species available and if they could sell you plants or seeds! If it weren't for the current situation and health considerations, I'd normally be very happy to visit them and see if I could help you. They're an amazing nursery run by a really nice family.
Minime8484

Re: Looking to buy/trade for Borzicactus

Post by Minime8484 »

Aloha916 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:22 pm Hi Tristan- I'm fairly confident that I've seen Borzicactus/Cleistocactus icosagonus (and potentially others on your list) for sale within the last year at Poot's Cactus Nursery in Ripon, near Modesto. In our current situation in California I'm not sure whether their retail business is still open right now, and whether they've ever considered mail-order.

Just wanted to share a potential lead- you might get in touch to see if there's any possibility if they have these species available and if they could sell you plants or seeds! If it weren't for the current situation and health considerations, I'd normally be very happy to visit them and see if I could help you. They're an amazing nursery run by a really nice family.
Thanks for the lead - I will definitely contact them!

Cheers,
Tristan