Lithops not getting plumped

Use this forum to get advice on growing succulents and keeping them healthy
Otan

Lithops not getting plumped

Post by Otan »

I bought a set of lithops a month ago and they were all looking good. However, I noticed that these 2 lithops lept on shrinking even though they have roots. I watered them once ( this week and even misted) yet nothing happened. In another fb group, a member told me that it doesn't look thirsty but rather is attacked possibly by a fungi. What can I do to manage these 2?
Attachments
Screenshot_20191229-170309.jpg
Screenshot_20191229-170309.jpg (25.63 KiB) Viewed 1160 times
keith

Re: Lithops not getting plumped

Post by keith »

Mine look like that in the Winter because I withhold water and wait until they start growing in Spring. Maybe that's what is going on with yours?
keith

Post by keith »

Winter time Lithops the new leaves are just showing inside the old leaves. I don't water them until the old leaves are almost gone because the plant is taking water from the old leaves before it starts growing again. This is the way to grow Lithops successfully .
Attachments
Lithops
Lithops
IMG_3840.JPG (115.71 KiB) Viewed 1108 times
7george

Post by 7george »

Lithops plants have to change leaves to a new pair first before being watered.

We do not know in what hemisphere above thing happens to have an idea about the season there.
If your cacti mess in your job just forget about the job.
°C = (°F - 32)/1.8
Otan

Post by Otan »

The other lithops that I have started drying its old leaves already. I was concerned with what look like scars because in another group they said that it could be a fungal attack and that's why it has scars. I also noticed that among my 9 lithops, only those two were shrinked that much. My other 3 have shown their new leaves already.

I live in Philippines. When you resume watering once old leaves have dried, is it roughly once a month? Then during summer, you would stop watering all through the season? Would misting help?
Attachments
Screenshot_20191231-133105.jpg
Screenshot_20191231-133105.jpg (30.57 KiB) Viewed 1065 times
Shane

Post by Shane »

See http://www.lithops.info/
During the winter months, the plants will still be growing; the new bodies will be increasing in size as the old outer leaves begin to shrivel. No water at all should be given during the winter
Los Angeles, California (USA)
Zone 10b (yearly minimum temperature 1-5° C)

Fishhook cacti are like cats, they only like to be petted in one direction
Otan

Post by Otan »

Thank you for all your help. I admit that I panicked about the diagnosis of other growers that it could be a fungal attack.

I will re read again the recommendation in the website tr lithops.info