Succulents that reproduce as easily as Bryophyllum delagoense (Devil’s backbone) (Mother of Millions)?

Anything relating to Succulents that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
Pereskiopsisdotcom

Succulents that reproduce as easily as Bryophyllum delagoense (Devil’s backbone) (Mother of Millions)?

Post by Pereskiopsisdotcom »

I'm sure Mother of a Thousand (Mother of Millions) doesn't get too much respect because it is one of the easiest succulents to grow. It's tolerant of a lot of abuse and is typically the bane of a greenhouse grower for how easily it reproduces and propagates on existing pots and planters. That said, I'm looking for some more succulents that reproduce as quickly and easily. Are there any others that produce plantlets or where stem cuttings take off almost immediately?
http://pereskiopsis.com

Interests include: Rhipsalis, Turbinicarpus, Gymnocalycium, and Lophophora.
esp_imaging

Re: Succulents that reproduce as easily as Bryophyllum delagoense (Devil’s backbone) (Mother of Millions)?

Post by esp_imaging »

Crassula muscosa, Graptopetalum paraguayense and Sedum x rubrotinctum are all really, really easy
A small diverse collection of Cacti & Succulents
Based in the UK
http://www.edwardshaw.co.uk/cacti
Shane

Re: Succulents that reproduce as easily as Bryophyllum delagoense (Devil’s backbone) (Mother of Millions)?

Post by Shane »

There are several other Bryophyllum that grow plantlets from the leaf margins. I don't remember any names right now
Los Angeles, California (USA)
Zone 10b (yearly minimum temperature 1-5° C)

Fishhook cacti are like cats, they only like to be petted in one direction
BennieAnTheJets

Post by BennieAnTheJets »

very interesting post - especially if you are toying with the idea to sell a few extras on Etsy one day - I think I have all of these species - and enjoy them - even though the tubular mother of millions has become a pest for me, too - it is chocking other plants as soon as a few "babies" fall into the pots - Etsy sales sound good to me for those extras that I should pull out more quickly :shock: 8)