How to keep Avonia seedlings alive?

All about seed grown plants. How-to information, progress reports, show of your results.
bbarv

How to keep Avonia seedlings alive?

Post by bbarv »

Tried those twice, germination was excellent but then they started to die one by one. I used baggy method, open bags when seeds germinated. Basically followed same protocol that worked well for me with other succulents, mesembs but unfortunately it didn’t work with Avonias
Recently ordered more seeds, any advice on how to keep them alive would be greatly appreciated
gemhunter178

Re: How to keep Avonia seedlings alive?

Post by gemhunter178 »

I currently have 3 surviving quinarias from my one and only batch - I have them in the warmer part of my grow box, and give them a good soak from below every week.
Specifically, they are under lights that are on 10 hours a day, and they constantly have 20-35 Celsius temperature (20 at night, 25-35 day depending if the lid is open)
I have them in a 60-40 mix of perlite/sifted cactus soil.

Hope that helps?
A cactus and succulent collector who especially likes Ariocarpus. …Though I have a bit of everything! Want some pictures? See my flickr! I also do art and such.
bbarv

Re: How to keep Avonia seedlings alive?

Post by bbarv »

Thank you, mine where at 20-22C during the day and lower at night, will try higher temperatures this time.