Tricho spachianus problem

Trouble shoot problems you are having with your cactus.
Ferro

Tricho spachianus problem

Post by Ferro »

Hi guys!
In 2012 I got a seedling of the plant wishing to see it flowering on a windowsill or in the balcony (that's all I have to offer my cactus plants). But since 2015 I've been having this problem:
IMG_5130.JPG
IMG_5130.JPG (54.57 KiB) Viewed 644 times
I've rerooted it a few times, used some antifangus medicine - all in vain. The problem comes back again and again. Do I have to give up my tries to save the plant? No other plant (ca. 200 ps) has ever had this problem. New pups appear and grow all right, then (in a year or so) they start getting covered with the same dry epidermis...
7george

Re: Tricho spachianus problem

Post by 7george »

Sometimes mites can cause skin like this or it's a fungus that persist. How high is the plant? Doesn't look like regular corking though.
If your cacti mess in your job just forget about the job.
°C = (°F - 32)/1.8
Ferro

Post by Ferro »

Well, I first thought of red mites (and the like) but it isn't the most vulnerable plant (and species) in my collection... As I 've cut it time and again, it's pretty short now - about 33 cm high:
IMG_3407.JPG
IMG_3407.JPG (30.6 KiB) Viewed 585 times
Looking unhappy...
EdekaReweAldiLidl

Post by EdekaReweAldiLidl »

Try using a systemic insecticide. Maybe it's some insects. I'm not really sure.
Ferro

Post by Ferro »

All right, I'll give it the last chance. And get rid of the plant if it hasn't come to normal life till the next winter.
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Put it outside during summer, say from late April until September. That might be good for this plant. Assuming you don't have excess rains every day...