Beginner with a growing collection in Arizona

New to the forum? Use this section to introduce yourself!
Angelina

Beginner with a growing collection in Arizona

Post by Angelina »

Hello :D I've already made a few posts in the forum and have gotten much needed help for my cactuses here already. Thank you! I've owned a few plants in the past, but I think of myself as not having a green thumb. I'm really trying now though, doing even more research than before, asking for help, and I'm really determined to grow a collection of cactus and other plants. Currently, I have two cactuses, one that needs identifying and the other is a golden barrel cactus, and a guzmania bromeliad. I plan on purchasing a peanut cactus and hedgehog cactus this April, so I can see them bloom. I'll soon be moving to Texas, and I hope that they will thrive there.

If anyone is interested in talking plants with me, I would really enjoy messaging people outside of this forum as well. I'm also interested in many different hobbies, so if you're a big hobby person, we could talk about that, too whenever you have the time.
Attachments
IMG-8061.JPG
IMG-8061.JPG (171.19 KiB) Viewed 2028 times
Plant keeper living in Tucson, Arizona.
Edwindwianto

Re: Beginner with a growing collection in Arizona

Post by Edwindwianto »

Welcome to the forum

I'am Edwin from Indonesia
Nice to know you

EDWIN
Angelina

Post by Angelina »

Edwindwianto wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:31 am Welcome to the forum

I'am Edwin from Indonesia
Nice to know you

EDWIN
Hello, Edwin. Thank you for the welcome :) I hope to see you around the forum.
Plant keeper living in Tucson, Arizona.
hegar

Post by hegar »

Hello Angelina,
I too welcome you from the "Sun City" of El Paso, Texas. So you are going to be a fellow Texan too in the not so far future! To what area are you going to relocate? In my opinion, Arizona does have weather better suited to cacti than Texas, El Paso included. However, where I live, you still can grow a large number of different cactus genera in the ground. The most limiting factor here is the occurrence of below freezing temperatures regularly during the winter months.
Well, I notice, that you have been quite active on the forum. You most likely already found out, that most forum members are a nice bunch of people, who are willing to help especially novices with their cactus growing hobby.

Harald
gemhunter178

Post by gemhunter178 »

Oops, bit late, but welcome from the cold north!
A cactus and succulent collector who especially likes Ariocarpus. …Though I have a bit of everything! Want some pictures? See my flickr! I also do art and such.