KALANCHOE ORGYALIS PLACEMENT IN GARDEN

Anything relating to Succulents that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
warnersf

KALANCHOE ORGYALIS PLACEMENT IN GARDEN

Post by warnersf »

I have a large kalanchoe orgyalis in a pot that it would like to plant in the ground. I have a spot picked out but I'm concerned the plant will not receive enough light. Currently the location gets blasted with morning sun till about noon when the sun then dips behind some palms. That's about six hours of bright direct sunlight, Im not sure how much less sun it would receive during the winter. I live in the Coachella Valley, California, extremely hot summers and (mostly) dry but cool winters. I've included a photo of the location, the kalanchoe can be seen in on the left side of the image. Any suggestions?
Attachments
2BF76CD0-A87A-4AD9-BDEF-491243E1E25E_1_105_c.jpeg
2BF76CD0-A87A-4AD9-BDEF-491243E1E25E_1_105_c.jpeg (168.09 KiB) Viewed 1059 times
mikethecactusguy

Re: KALANCHOE ORGYALIS PLACEMENT IN GARDEN

Post by mikethecactusguy »

Keep it in its pot for a while longer. Place it in the location where you would like to plant it and see how it does. Give it a few months. If it continues to thrive, it's a good location. If it goes south, it's not a good location. Better safe than sorry .
Mike The Cactus Guy
Enjoying the Spines