Two small succulent IDs, please!

If you have a succulent plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
EPPhoneHome

Two small succulent IDs, please!

Post by EPPhoneHome »

Hi folks! Was hoping for a quick ID on these two succulents. I bought them both at a Sprouts in New Mexico, if that helps at all.

This first one has four different stalks - the tallest is probably ~7".
IMG-3189.jpg
IMG-3189.jpg (84.85 KiB) Viewed 903 times
IMG-3288.jpg
IMG-3288.jpg (82.95 KiB) Viewed 903 times
This guy is about 5.5 inches tall:
IMG-3291.jpg
IMG-3291.jpg (72.12 KiB) Viewed 903 times
Thanks in advance! Really appreciate it.
esp_imaging

Re: Two small succulent IDs, please!

Post by esp_imaging »

The first is Graptopetalum paraguayense, the second is Crassula ovata "Gollum".
It looks like they need more light - especially the Graptopetalum.
A small diverse collection of Cacti & Succulents
Based in the UK
http://www.edwardshaw.co.uk/cacti
EPPhoneHome

Post by EPPhoneHome »

esp_imaging wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:46 pm The first is Graptopetalum paraguayense, the second is Crassula ovata "Gollum".
It looks like they need more light - especially the Graptopetalum.
Ooh, thanks for the ID and the heads up! I'm planning to repot them soon and will make sure to plant them higher up in the pot - I think that's part of the problem. I had also thought that they were getting a lot of sun on the balcony - but I watched carefully and realized they only get about three hours of direct sunlight (i.e., they only sit in a sunbeam for three hours). I'm going to start moving them to the other side of the balcony around 1pm to give them an extra hour or so of sun.
greenknight

Post by greenknight »

Graptopetalum paraguayense can be grown in light shade, but the leaves will be gray - the more sun, the more color they will develop. They also will remain compact longer in more sun. They will still get leggy in time, become rosettes of leaves on the end of long, sprawling stems. No problem - they're extremely easy to propagate from stem cuttings (leaf cuttings as well, but that's slower). Of course, the stumps will also re-sprout after they're cut back. A great plant to share with all your friends.
Spence :mrgreen: