Outdoors / Direct sunlight

Use this forum to get advice on growing succulents and keeping them healthy
Diana

Outdoors / Direct sunlight

Post by Diana »

As I am new with all the succulent and cacti thing I never thought much about direct sunlight and too much sun exposure before. When I bought a new succulent usually I would put it out right away to full sun and the plants (even small ones) would be doing just fine. Recently, maybe because summer has started I experienced few of my new plants die, because I put them to direct sunlight. And it amazes me still, how, some of the plants seem not to care at all, that they are so exposed, wheras the others die. Is there any guide at all regarding which succulents can handle full direct sunlight? I know aloe vera usually loves it, and aloes in general, but do you know any other types of plants?
I know, the best, is always to put it partly in shade, and then slowly expose it to sunlight, but recenty, even after small exposure I had so bad experiences that I consider even keeping some of the plants always inside.
Here the photos of a few, that handle outdoors and direct sunlight just fine...
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (68.7 KiB) Viewed 1514 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (55.07 KiB) Viewed 1514 times
greenknight

Re: Outdoors / Direct sunlight

Post by greenknight »

Too many to cover - I'd suggest you definitely identify each plant and do an internet search for its care requirements.

That being said, here's a page that should help: https://www.succulentsandsunshine.com/h ... ts-handle/
Spence :mrgreen:
Diana

Re: Outdoors / Direct sunlight

Post by Diana »

greenknight wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:39 pm Too many to cover - I'd suggest you definitely identify each plant and do an internet search for its care requirements.

That being said, here's a page that should help: https://www.succulentsandsunshine.com/h ... ts-handle/
Thank you so much for your answer and suggestions! :wave: