On the question of limestone growers...

Discuss repotting, soil, lighting, fertilizing, watering, etc. in this category.
MikeInOz

Re: On the question of limestone growers...

Post by MikeInOz »

abhikjha wrote: ↑Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:56 am Hahaha, as long as my plants are not complaining, I am fine with these mathematical calculations πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
One last question - with my NPK sorted out, what will be your recommendation for the dosage? Is 1ml of each of three (ie 3 ml) in 3 litres of water sound right to you?
It's the recommended rate in the instructions that will give you the claimed percentages on the analysis. (provided it's a guaranteed analysis of course)
So if you tell show me the instructions on the pack, I can work out the ppm you would be giving the plants if you followed them. Then you can adjust up or down according to your wishes.
or you can work it out yourself....
Multiply the % of the nutrient (N) in the concentrate x 10 x the number of ml to be used per litre to obtain ppm of the N.
How much you use depends entirely on how often you use it. Every watering? every second watering, every 4th etc.
For every watering, 25 ppm N should be enough in a mix with soil etc. Every second, 50ppm etc.
It's all pretty flexible with cacti because they store everything.
abhikjha

Post by abhikjha »

Thanks Mike. I will be using with each watering as my soil is pure mineral just like Steve πŸ˜€

Here is what it says on the label:
Attachments
IMG_20210809_124146_copy_1024x768_1.jpg
IMG_20210809_124146_copy_1024x768_1.jpg (60.09 KiB) Viewed 1420 times
Tropical weather, no winters! :roll:
jerrytheplater

Post by jerrytheplater »

Just a word of caution. If you mix your 5-0-1 fertilizer containing Calcium with the other two which contain Phosphate, you will get a precipitate of Calcium Phosphate, which is insoluble. Are you sure the company is saying to mix all three products into one container? Maybe they are saying to apply the 5-0-1 apart from the other two?
Jerry Smith
Bloomingdale, NJ
45 inches (114 cm) rain equivalent per year, approx. evenly spread per month
2012 USDA Hardiness Zone 6b: -5F to OF (-20C to -18C) min.
MikeInOz

Post by MikeInOz »

abhikjha wrote: ↑Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:12 am Thanks Mike. I will be using with each watering as my soil is pure mineral just like Steve πŸ˜€

So, 1.32 ml per litre of the 5-0-1 will give you 65ppm N.....I think..
abhikjha

Post by abhikjha »

jerrytheplater wrote: ↑Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:05 am Just a word of caution. If you mix your 5-0-1 fertilizer containing Calcium with the other two which contain Phosphate, you will get a precipitate of Calcium Phosphate, which is insoluble. Are you sure the company is saying to mix all three products into one container? Maybe they are saying to apply the 5-0-1 apart from the other two?
Thanks Jerry. The company in India who recently launched these hydroponics fertilizer has just copied General Hydroponics well known and regarded hydroponics fertilizer. Here is the link:

https://generalhydroponics.com/products/flora-series/

Everything is just copied pasted including the names (Gro, Micro and Bloom) and they launched much cheaper version in India πŸ˜¬πŸ˜€

And General Hydroponics advices to mix their fertilizer in equal proportions.

https://generalhydroponics.com/faqs/how ... ies%20here.

One advice they give is not to mix everything together, rather wait for one to dissolve completely and then use another one.

Though I have written to this Indian company asking the mixing order. Let's see what do they have to say.
abhikjha

Post by abhikjha »

MikeInOz wrote: ↑Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:58 am
abhikjha wrote: ↑Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:12 am Thanks Mike. I will be using with each watering as my soil is pure mineral just like Steve πŸ˜€

So, 1.32 ml per litre of the 5-0-1 will give you 65ppm N.....I think..
Thanks a ton Mike, so it will be 1.32 multiplied by 3 (of each bottle) in 3 litres of water.
abhikjha

Post by abhikjha »

abhikjha wrote: ↑Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:59 am Though I have written to this Indian company asking the mixing order. Let's see what do they have to say.
They replied back saying this:

A: Do not mix in concentrated form. Give each product one by one only to the system. Problem of calcium phosphate formation will be minimal or Nil

Their instructions are also same as what General Hydroponics say to mix them together.
jerrytheplater

Post by jerrytheplater »

MikeInOz wrote: ↑Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:58 am So, 1.32 ml per litre of the 5-0-1 will give you 65ppm N.....I think..
Ha Ha says he, should I say something about 0.02 ml? Nah, who is going to measure it that closely anyway. Says he.
Jerry Smith
Bloomingdale, NJ
45 inches (114 cm) rain equivalent per year, approx. evenly spread per month
2012 USDA Hardiness Zone 6b: -5F to OF (-20C to -18C) min.
MikeInOz

Post by MikeInOz »

jerrytheplater wrote: ↑Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:55 am
Ha Ha says he, should I say something about 0.02 ml? Nah, who is going to measure it that closely anyway. Says he.
:lol: Exactly! Just make it 1.5ml and be done with it...
abhikjha

Post by abhikjha »

πŸ˜€ cool, thanks a lot Mike, Jerry and Steve!!