Seedbeds with bold/fungus

All about seed grown plants. How-to information, progress reports, show of your results.
yonnoy

Seedbeds with bold/fungus

Post by yonnoy »

Hello, I have a problem, my seedbeds have mold or fungus like as images A and B (less issues). I suppose they are fungus.

I used 90% pumice and 10% coconut fiber and baggie method. They are 12 days in their bags. I sowed frailea, mammillaria, haworthia, lithop, blossfeldia and rebutias.

What do you recommend me to fight against mold/fungus?
I have in my house hypochlorite, chamomile (flowers), neem oil and apple vinegar.
Jangaudi

Re: Seedbeds with bold/fungus

Post by Jangaudi »

I'd take out the molded seedlings with tweezers, cause they are lost, and it seems germination is about finished, I'd give the rest of the seedlings some fresh air, and / or spray the lot with diluted hydrogen peroxide. You might want to use your tweezers to take out empty seedcaps that lie on the soil, cause they are usually the cause of the mold in the first place.
greenknight

Post by greenknight »

Agreed. Picking up the seedling itself with tweezers is not the way, they are usually just mush when they're that moldy.. Instead, pick out a gob of the substrate with the rotted seedling in the middle of it.
Spence :mrgreen:
PseudolithosLover

Post by PseudolithosLover »

Any pics of the blossies? They look so cute as seedlings!
Trade with me :) Always looking to expand my collection! :D
keith

Post by keith »

Nice close up of fungus . Hydrogen peroxide may help and dry air . You can bottom water and try and keep the surface drier.