I'm Back

Post your non-cacti or non-succulent related posts here -some topics not allowed -see forum rules.
Shane

I'm Back

Post by Shane »

After an unintentional 3 month break from the forum, I'm back. I've been dealing with some mental health issues and had become kind of disconnected from things I enjoy, like growing plants. And it's been a frustrating time with my plants. A number of my cacti have died for unclear reasons, and mealybugs have been ripping through my non-cacti succulents (Until this fall, mealybugs had always been a here and there thing, I'm not sure what caused them to spread so fast or do so much damage this time. Even imidacloprid has only partially helped). Anyway, participating on the forum has always helped me and I'm glad I decided to log in again
Los Angeles, California (USA)
Zone 10b (yearly minimum temperature 1-5° C)

Fishhook cacti are like cats, they only like to be petted in one direction
Steve-0
Location: Salt Lake Valley, Utah...high mountain desert climate

Re: I'm Back

Post by Steve-0 »

:D Welcome back, Shane! When I first joined this forum I was looking for a proper cactus soil mix formula....not the dirt ..or sand ..or peat and perlite I used in my first 6 cacti. That said, I noticed you were a pretty regular contributor from your posting frequency . You among others in CA, AZ, NV (maybe), NM and similar climate states were the ones I paid attention to being also in a dry western state.
So keep on posting! Your input is needed by the noobs like me. :D
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

Trust you are now fully recovered Shane and welcome back?
Shane

Post by Shane »

Thanks Steve and Dave. I'm not fully recovered, but things have been getting better. Steve: I'm glad you're getting something out of my posts
Los Angeles, California (USA)
Zone 10b (yearly minimum temperature 1-5° C)

Fishhook cacti are like cats, they only like to be petted in one direction
Steve-0
Location: Salt Lake Valley, Utah...high mountain desert climate

Post by Steve-0 »

Shane wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:27 am Thanks Steve and Dave. I'm not fully recovered, but things have been getting better. Steve: I'm glad you're getting something out of my posts
Oh for sure and for certain ...to quote Matthew Quigley ...in Quigley Down Under.

Even your signature..first day I signed up. Got a chuckle from that.

Reminded of the Mark Twain saying..."A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way".

Today I received my Christmas box from Mikes2go....and obviously could not let those beauties languish inside a dark box until Christmas ...oh no.

All are Ferocatus...most all of them reminded me when I unwrapped them. :lol: