Am I correct?

If you have a cactus plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
Stijnvanhussen

Am I correct?

Post by Stijnvanhussen »

Hi, I need some help identifying these cacti/succulents. I already did some research but would like to know if I am right.

1. I think this is a Euphorbia Horrida, it has the same dark green color with the red-ish spikes and the dried flower tips.

2. I think this is a Pachycereus pecten-aboriginum, it has the same vibrant green color with the white-ish spikes

3. I think this is either a Micranthocereus auri-azureus or a pilosocereus lanuginosus, I lean toward the pilosocereus given its a more common plant (and I bought it at a garden center).

Any help would be welcome, thanks!
Attachments
IMG_6336-2.jpg
IMG_6336-2.jpg (70.35 KiB) Viewed 648 times
IMG_6340-2.jpg
IMG_6340-2.jpg (89.74 KiB) Viewed 648 times
IMG_6345-1.jpg
IMG_6345-1.jpg (80.58 KiB) Viewed 648 times
7george

Re: Am I correct?

Post by 7george »

Regarding the second pot: these might be some Pachycereus tepamo or P. weberi. there is slight chance of mixed species pot as well. Anyway, plants are young and the exact species is not so important. At the time they will be mature you will know more about them.
If your cacti mess in your job just forget about the job.
°C = (°F - 32)/1.8
esp_imaging

Post by esp_imaging »

The first may be Euphorbia polygona.
The last looks like Cleistocactus strausii, IMHO. Spination can vary on young plants. New growth is getting etiolated, it needs more light.
A small diverse collection of Cacti & Succulents
Based in the UK
http://www.edwardshaw.co.uk/cacti
nona

Post by nona »

Stijnvanhussen wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:34 pm 2. I think this is a Pachycereus pecten-aboriginum, it has the same vibrant green color with the white-ish spikes
For comparison, this was sold as P. pecten-aboriginum 7cm seedling. Now 34 cm. Vivid red spines on top when growing.
Image00001.jpg
Image00001.jpg (34.51 KiB) Viewed 592 times
Stijnvanhussen

Post by Stijnvanhussen »

esp_imaging wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:00 pm The first may be Euphorbia polygona.
The last looks like Cleistocactus strausii, IMHO. Spination can vary on young plants. New growth is getting etiolated, it needs more light.
Yeah I neglected it before, have it in the windowsill now. Thanks for the advice!