Hello from UK North West and London

New to the forum? Use this section to introduce yourself!
Hero878

Hello from UK North West and London

Post by Hero878 »

Hi all
I just signed up a few days ago. I am based in London and near Liverpool in the north west. Ever since lockdown in March 2020 I have collected so many cacti and succulents like over 35 and counting and I can't see it stopping :D

Anyway looking forward to making many more posts here and contributing to the community
Steve-0
Location: Salt Lake Valley, Utah...high mountain desert climate

Re: Hello from UK North West and London

Post by Steve-0 »

Hello and Welcome aboard from across the pond! Happy New Year!

I speak for myself...but I feel many will agree that some photos of your cactus collection would be welcome.

Best,

Steve
Hero878

Post by Hero878 »

Thank you!
Yes I'll be sure to sure photos of my collection :) Would be nice to hear everyones thoughts on it :)
gemhunter178

Post by gemhunter178 »

Welcome from across the pond as well!
A cactus and succulent collector who especially likes Ariocarpus. …Though I have a bit of everything! Want some pictures? See my flickr! I also do art and such.
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

Welcome from Nottingham UK also still in lockdown. As we can't hold British Cactus & Succulent Society branch meetings here we are all corresponding by email, which I suppose is a mini form of this forum.

You and anybody else may be interested in the BCSS ZOOM talks which you do not have to be a member to view. However these are not recorded so you can only view them live at the times stated. For those outside the UK you will have to convert Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) to your own time zone.

You only need to click on that talks link a few minutes before the start time and if you do not have ZOOM on the computer it will tell you to load it then follow the instructions to enter the talk. They usually just chat for a few minutes to allow late comers to join before the talk starts.

https://mailchi.mp/bcss.org.uk/bcss-mon ... 6c915ad4f8
One Windowsill

Post by One Windowsill »

Hello from Manchester, UK. Welcome.

I seem to remember you can just use Zoom in your browser for those talks, you don't have to download it. I haven't tried to yet but that next talk is unmissable for me.
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

One Windowsill wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:20 pm I seem to remember you can just use Zoom in your browser for those talks, you don't have to download it. I haven't tried to yet but that next talk is unmissable for me.
Some wise person said something about this. See: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=45446&p=380752&hili ... er#p380752.