lithops in the fridge?

Anything relating to Succulents that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
softestpants

lithops in the fridge?

Post by softestpants »

i know there are lots of posts regarding a topic about taking care of lithops in the tropics, but i just wanna know, how do i put them in the fridge? gradually introduce them to the fridge? if so, how? or can i just put them in there overnight immediately? what about the humidity? should i water them less if thats the case? what schedule should i follow? the soil mix i use is probably 30/60 potting soil and pumice. if any of you have any more tips, just shoot. TIA! :colors:
The_Nikon_Guy

Re: lithops in the fridge?

Post by The_Nikon_Guy »

I've honestly never heard of lithops in the fridge - just plant them in coarse gritty soil in a terracotta pot (all my Lithops are in terracotta pots despite the fact i'm in Perth) and water very lightly once a week or only when you see them starting to shrivel.
Never argue with fools. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience...
softestpants

Post by softestpants »

The_Nikon_Guy wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:30 am I've honestly never heard of lithops in the fridge - just plant them in coarse gritty soil in a terracotta pot (all my Lithops are in terracotta pots despite the fact i'm in Perth) and water very lightly once a week or only when you see them starting to shrivel.
are the nights in there quite warm during the summer, like above 30 deg celsius? we get nights like that in here and i've read that lithops need about 10-20 deg celsius night temps
The_Nikon_Guy

Post by The_Nikon_Guy »

No, our night temperatures in summer reach a max of around 22-23 Deg C.
Basically, if you follow certain basic precautions with Lithops - very caorse gritty soil, super small amounts of water etc.. you should be fine.
Never argue with fools. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience...