Hello from SW Washington

New to the forum? Use this section to introduce yourself!
mycelium

Hello from SW Washington

Post by mycelium »

Hello!

I'm mycelium, can call me myc for short. While I'm not a complete newb to growing cacti, I've never been too successful at it. Hence joining here. I'm an avid gardener of many things, and have chosen to add even more complexity to an already diverse portfolio of plant-like beings by starting a cactus collection.

Currently I have an aloe I rescued from a local hardware store, and am not sure it's doing too well. I didn't realize one is not to water a new transplant for a week until browsing here. Mistakes have been made, to say the least.

I also started some seeds in November, and well, I'm not sure I'm providing the best husbandry due to some of the symptoms I'm seeing. I'll start another thread for that specifically though, as I find forums that muddle different topics in the same thread to be incredibly difficult to navigate.

Anyways, I think that's enough of an intro (I'm quite long winded, as you'll come to learn :) ). Looking forward to interacting with all of you!
Located in SW Washington State
greenknight

Re: Hello from SW Washington

Post by greenknight »

Howdy, neighbor! Welcome to CactiGuide!
Spence :mrgreen:
mycelium

Post by mycelium »

Hello hello! Glad to see another Washingtonian around here!
gemhunter178

Post by gemhunter178 »

Welcome from the other coast!
A cactus and succulent collector who especially likes Ariocarpus. …Though I have a bit of everything! Want some pictures? See my flickr! I also do art and such.
mycelium

Post by mycelium »

Thank you, gemhunter178!