Euphorbia Esculenta seed source?

CactiGuide Members' Seed Trading List
RorBurg56

Euphorbia Esculenta seed source?

Post by RorBurg56 »

Hello good forum users, as the title explains I am seeking some euphorb esculenta seeds, so far I've come up with nil so thought I'd ask here incase there may be a grower or if somebody knows somebody else etc. Any help greatly appreciated ๐Ÿ˜Š,
Rory
Growing some succs and cacs in mid/coastal Scotland.
One Windowsill

Re: Euphorbia Esculenta seed source?

Post by One Windowsill »

I don't know of any. Are you after the violet-scented flowers or an alternative vegetable? :D

With such esoteric tastes you should join the BCSS forum and possibly join the BCSS.
RorBurg56

Post by RorBurg56 »

I lurk both but haven't gotten around to it yet ๐Ÿ™‚, just a shy guy lol. My tastes certainly are esoteric but the good cactophiles here keep me grounded with the endless blogs and seed growing logs ๐Ÿ˜Š
RorBurg56

Post by RorBurg56 »

Also, any type of flowers would be agreeable as I haven't seen sight of seed plant or cuttings, just the other much more common medusoid euphorb (which are all beautiful too) but the heart settles on what it cannot find.
One Windowsill

Post by One Windowsill »

RorBurg56 wrote: โ†‘Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:40 pm I lurk both but haven't gotten around to it yet ๐Ÿ™‚, just a shy guy lol.
Faint heart never won fairly rare euphorb. :oops:

Even Brookside Nursery don't have it. Though they are now not sending to the UK, I believe. I think any UK members of the International Euphorbia Society who are into the succulent types are likely to be in the BCSS.

Perhaps if we keep this thread floating to the top someone else will notice.
RorBurg56

Post by RorBurg56 »

Your pretty much correct there sir and I'm realizing more that that mentality does me no service ๐Ÿ˜ถ. Talking to new people is often kinda worrisome but it turns out well usually lol. Will prob have another look at bcss again re joining as it does make sense.
One Windowsill

Post by One Windowsill »

I am not comfortable with large social groups. However, you must remember that the majority of the BCSS are going to be weirdos, nerds or obsessives. The rest of them are very used to talking with weirdos, nerds or obsessives. :study:
RorBurg56

Post by RorBurg56 »

Yes, lol. Is it weird that me being British makes joining a British society less appetising? Not sure but experience tells me we can get pretttty, yeah....in large groups ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…
One Windowsill

Post by One Windowsill »

RorBurg56 wrote: โ†‘Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:51 pm Yes, lol. Is it weird that me being British makes joining a British society less appetising? Not sure but experience tells me we can get pretttty, yeah....in large groups ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…
That brings to mind Groucho Marx, who resigned from a club he never visited: โ€œBecause I donโ€™t want to belong to any club that would have me as a member!โ€
RorBurg56

Post by RorBurg56 »

Lool somthing like that, probably residual trauma from mandatory parish council meetings as a child ๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ˜…
One Windowsill

Post by One Windowsill »

RorBurg56, I have sent you a private message.