Crassula Buddha's Temple (over)fertilization

Anything relating to Succulents that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
denniscao

Crassula Buddha's Temple (over)fertilization

Post by denniscao »

People like Crassula Buddha's temple because it has a nice single column form. I had a typical looking specimen for over a year that started to offset and got a little topheavy, so I chopped it up and rooted the offsets. When I repotted them offsets, I must have overfertilized since the offsets have rocketed up in height and are branching at basically every possible location. I suppose this is a good idea for someone trying to build up a large stock to eventually sell. I made a bulk 50/50 coir/pumice mix and added in a little osmocote that if I were to guess, comes out to 5 pellets per 2" pot, which I guess is a lot. Since I have so many of these plants now, I plan to take half outside for the summer and see how things change.

I should probably think about selling some of these plants, but I don't know how they would fare since visually they are so unlike what is expected for Buddha's temple.

November 28, 2020

April 15, 2021 (5 months later)