Growing Trichodiadema densum indoors?

Anything relating to Succulents that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
Mrs.Green

Growing Trichodiadema densum indoors?

Post by Mrs.Green »

As the heading says, have anyone successfully grown this plant indoors? (as in windowsills) . I really likes the look of this succulent and seeing pics of its flowers just added to my desire to have this plant. But a bit of googling curbed my enthusiasm since it’s mentioned at least a couple of times that flowers are a rare treat.
jerrytheplater

Re: Growing Trichodiadema densum indoors?

Post by jerrytheplater »

Can't speak to T. densum, but my T. bulbosum has been growing indoors for too many years. I now have it home to bring outdoors. It has bloomed indoors, but not very much. But I have also neglected it and not fertilized. One year when outdoors, deer ate almost all of the stems off. The plant bounced back much better. This plant has also been nibbled on by a mouse one year. This bare root shot was taken a few weeks ago after bringing it home from work and repotting. It is now getting ready to go outdoors for the summer. [attachment=0]rsz_12021-4-3_trichodiademia_bulbosum.jpg
Attachments
rsz_rsz_2015-2-12_trichodiadema_bulbosum_2.jpg
rsz_rsz_2015-2-12_trichodiadema_bulbosum_2.jpg (114.78 KiB) Viewed 2129 times
rsz_12021-4-3_trichodiademia_bulbosum.jpg
rsz_12021-4-3_trichodiademia_bulbosum.jpg (110.18 KiB) Viewed 2129 times
Jerry Smith
Bloomingdale, NJ
45 inches (114 cm) rain equivalent per year, approx. evenly spread per month
2012 USDA Hardiness Zone 6b: -5F to OF (-20C to -18C) min.
bbarv

Post by bbarv »

My 3 years old T. densun spend most of the time on a windowsill except last summer and had its first flower last week.
Mrs.Green

Post by Mrs.Green »

Thank you Jerrytheplater and bbarv :) It seems to be possible to keep it indoors then even though it isn’t optimal perhaps.