Koehres Ariocarpus seed mix

All about seed grown plants. How-to information, progress reports, show of your results.
mmcavall

Koehres Ariocarpus seed mix

Post by mmcavall »

I'm considering purchasing an Ariocarpus seed mix from Koehres.
Does anyone have had any experience with this mix?
I would like to know whether it is composed by several or few species, whether it is mostly composed by a majority of seeds of a single species or not, and whether it has hybrids or not.
Thanks for any input.
Fatich

Re: Koehres Ariocarpus seed mix

Post by Fatich »

I wondered the price and checked, its 1.20€ per portion and only species in that price range are trigonus and retusus. I suppose most of the seeds will be retusus and trigonus and maybe they can add 1-2 pieces from the other species. I ve never experienced, just my guess.
LateBloomer

Post by LateBloomer »

I've purchased 4 packs of these seeds myself and will be planting in a couple months when weather heats up here.

I've purchased koehres mix seeds packs in the past and they due tend to have atleast a few of each sp. Obviously with only 10 seeds you are likely to only get 1 species but their mix packs tend to have a good mix of the genus. With astrophytum I was a little let down since most were hybrids but not sure if I bought the hybrid pack or not since this was years ago.

I purchased lopho and ariocarpus mix seeds this year and some astrophytum red flower and super seeds as well since those are the only that interest me. I'll update this in a few months if you still haven't pulled the trigger so it might help you choose to buy this or individual packs. I'll be sowing 100-400 seeds of ariocarpus mix so should have a better idea on % of each species although will take about a year to know what each are.

hybrid ariocarpus don't show much traits do they? I doubt cultivars will be present.
mmcavall

Post by mmcavall »

Thaks Fatich and LateBloomer for the insights and information.

I'll consider it to make my decision, it can take a while yet.

Thanks a lot