africa-seeds.com

CactiGuide Members' Seed Trading List
Cactopus

africa-seeds.com

Post by Cactopus »

Does anyone have any experience with https://africa-seeds.com/? Reputable source? Thanks for your help.
San Diego, CA
gemhunter178

Re: africa-seeds.com

Post by gemhunter178 »

I don't have any direct experience with them, but the one review page I found (on trustpilot) basically says they're completely unknowledgeable and/or a scam.

Looking at the site, I see some red flags:
- They're offering a lot of hard-to-find seeds that would get sold out almost immediately on seed lists I order from, yet they can offer them in stupid quantities (for example, 100 seeds of Yavia??? unlikely)
- Everything seems to be "on sale"
- If they truly have so many customers as they claim, I'd expect them to have testimonials from those "17 botanical gardens" and more reviews from external sites

and above all that those prices are insanely high and they claim most of their seed is wild-sourced. At the numbers they supposedly have I'd say it's unethical to boot.

I'd stay far away from this place.
A cactus and succulent collector who especially likes Ariocarpus. …Though I have a bit of everything! Want some pictures? See my flickr! I also do art and such.
eulaspiegel

Re: africa-seeds.com

Post by eulaspiegel »

They are scammers, as discussed here and here.
Growing mostly under LED lights, in northern latitudes. Especially interested in stem succulents and caudiciforms. Dreaming of my first greenhouse.