Copiapoa Seedlings

All about seed grown plants. How-to information, progress reports, show of your results.
EliWhitney3140

Copiapoa Seedlings

Post by EliWhitney3140 »

I just wanted to share a few of my Copiapoa Cinerea seedlings that I am beginning to harden off. There has been a great learning curve and I seem to be getting better results every time I sow.

Aiko

Re: Copiapoa Seedlings

Post by Aiko »

They look quite nice.
I am sure you will get better at things and get a routine as the years go by when you sow a lot. And keep on learning.

Another thing to learn might be use labels that you stick into the soil. You will find out this is much easier than sticking it on the pots once the seedlings are ready to be potted on in one or two years. Then you can simply move the label along to the new pot instead of making a new label.
EliWhitney3140

Post by EliWhitney3140 »

Haha yeah thanks Aiko. I thought about the labels after I did that. I learned that lesson.
mmcavall

Post by mmcavall »

They look great. Copiapoas and Eriosyce are challenging me. They are quite slow and fragile in their first months. Yours look very healthy!
EliWhitney3140

Post by EliWhitney3140 »

Thank you mmcavall. I definitely get nervous when I have to do anything out of the ordinary with them. I am excited to learn and be a little more confident when I have some more experience under me. I also watch them like a hawk for any stress or disease.
MikeInOz

Post by MikeInOz »

Very nice. I got poor germination from mine this year but he ones that did are doing well.
eulaspiegel

Post by eulaspiegel »

They look great. I sowed my first Copiapoa seeds just a few weeks ago and am excited (and a bit scared).
Growing mostly under LED lights, in northern latitudes. Especially interested in stem succulents and caudiciforms. Dreaming of my first greenhouse.